Lineage OS 17.1 for Moto G7 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17.1 on Moto G7 which is based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This custom ROM build of “Lineage OS 17.1 for Moto G7”, is brought to you by developer SyberHexen.
Follow the links to get other Android 10 builds such as: LineageOS 17.1, or LineageOS 17 and Android 10 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to SyberHexen and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for SyberHexen
– Donate to LineageOS project
This is an initial build of “LineageOS 17.1 for Moto G7” which may have many bugs or may not boot at all.
Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
BUG Report of this LineageOS 17.1 for Moto G7
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Moto G7?
- Moto G7 LineageOS 17.1 Download (Build date: 6th Feb 2020)
- Moto G7 TWRP recovery Download for this Moto G7 LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- How to install TWRP
- Motorola Bootloader Unlock guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Moto G7?
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1 for Moto G7
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for Moto G7 from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM
Install the LineageOS 17.1 on Moto G7 for the first time
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install the “Moto G7 LineageOS 17.1” Android 10 based custom ROM.
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, first, unlock bootloader of Moto G7, then download and install the latest TWRP from above download link and then proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- ADB Sideload the Moto G7 LineageOS 17.1 zip file
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Moto G7.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 for Moto G7 (river)
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Moto G7
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Moto G7.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Moto G7, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Moto G7, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining LineageOS 17.1 Root
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Moto G7.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Moto G7 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Root
Where to Download Google Camera for Moto G7 LineageOS 17.1?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera App download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)