Redmi Note 9 Pro was released recently and now we have a working port of GCam for Redmi Note 9 Pro available to download. The compatible Google Camera port(s) are brought to you by BSG, Parrot043, Urnyx05 and Arnova8G2.
Now, talking about the phone, it has a 6.67 inch FHD+ phone with a 5020 mAh battery. Comes with Snapdragon 720G chipset, 4GB RAM and 64 / 128GB storage.
It has a 48MP primary cam and a quad camera setup for day to day photography experience. And, with this GCam mod support for the Redmi Note 9 Pro, you get DSLR like image quality.
Available GCam mods for Redmi Note 9 Pro
Below are the available version(s) of GCam for Redmi Note 9 Pro
- GCam 8.9 (Latest Version)
- GCam 8.2 (Recommended)
- GCam 8.1
- GCam 8.0
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 7.3
The GCam 8.9 for Redmi Note 9 Pro is now available which has built-in Google Lens, multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom and slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The older version of Google camera 6.1 that brings night sight and the GCam 7.4 has brought Astrophotography mode on Redmi Note 9 Pro. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie, Android 10, and Android 11.
Status of this Redmi Note 9 Pro Google Camera port
– HDR+ Enhanced
– Portrait mode
– Night Sight
– Astrophotography mode
– Almost everything
– Video recording (on Parrot043 GCam 7.4 APK port)
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 9 Pro?
- Download any compatible GCam for Redmi Note 9 Pro from the download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
- For Android 10 or later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the APK file.
- For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
- Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded Gcam port apk to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Redmi Note 9 Pro Google Camera?
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this GCam. In case you want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end and enable Astrophotography Mode under Astrophotography settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera version 7.0 and up comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi Note 9 Pro. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Redmi Note 9 Pro.