Tagged: LineageOS 17.1, mistercheese, Xiaomi
- This topic is empty.
April 6, 2020 at 10:22 PM #110383SibaKeymaster
Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Note 3 is now available to download from an unofficial build. This article explains how to install the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Note 3 with a step-by-step guide.
This Mi Note 3 Lineage OS 17.1 build is brought to you by mistercheese. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to mistercheese and LineageOS project:
– No Donation Link Found for mistercheese.
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Note 3, which may have many bugs.
– Installing LineageOS 17.1 requires an unlock bootloader on Mi Note 3 which will delete all data.
Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
– Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 buildWHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Note 3?
- LineageOS 17.1 Download for Mi Note 3
- TWRP for Mi Note 3 to install LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- How to install TWRP
- Bootloader unlock on Xiaomi Mi Note 3 – required to install TWRP recovery
- LineageOS 17.1 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Note 3?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi Note 3 LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
First Time Installation of Mi Note 3 LineageOS 17.1 –This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install the “Mi Note 3 LineageOS 17.1” Android 10 based custom ROM.
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, first, unlock the bootloader of Mi Note 3 , then download and install the latest TWRP from above download link and then proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- ADB Sideload the Mi Note 3 LineageOS 17.1 zip file
– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Note 3.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Note 3 –
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Note 3.
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Note 3
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file.
– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using TWRP
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root Mi Note 3 on LineageOS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 you may want to enable ROOT on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17.1If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Note 3
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download for other updates.Stay tuned to the Mi Note 3 page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.