Tagged: coderzs, LineageOS 17.1
- This topic is empty.
March 28, 2020 at 2:58 PM #109859SibaKeymaster
Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 is now available to download from an build. This article explains how to install the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 with a step-by-step guide.
This Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer coderzs. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download supported devices page.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to coderzs and LineageOS project:
– Donation link not available for coderzs
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi 9 Lite, which may have many bugs.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.Installing the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi 9 Lite requires an unlock bootloader which will VOID the warranty and delete all data. Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Status of the Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 LineageOS 17.1 ROMWHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 and for Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9?
- LineageOS 17.1 Download (build date: 8th January 2020)
- TWRP Download to flash LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- How to install TWRP
- Xiaomi bootloader unlock guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 on Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM for Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM.
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file
– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 on Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 (pyxis)
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the ROM zip file
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9.
– Here is a post explaining how to use ADB sideload using TWRP to install LineageOS 17.1
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 then flash the GApps again.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining LineageOS 17.1 Root
- Once everything is done, reboot the phone.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 RootIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.
Where to Download Google Camera for Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 LineageOS 17.1?
Visit this link to get the GCam for Mi 9 Lite.
GCam 7.x are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of compatible Google Camera for all available devices to find a suitable one for your phone.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 9 Lite / Mi CC9 (pyxis) LineageOS forum for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.