Tagged: LineageOS 17.1, ripee
- This topic is empty.
March 31, 2020 at 6:24 AM #110072SibaKeymaster
Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is now available to download. This article explains how to install Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Lineage OS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This build of Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is brought to you by developer ripee. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to ripee and LineageOS project:
– Donate to ripee
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing custom ROM will delete all data on your phone. Make sure you copy all important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Known Issues on this Lineage OS 17.1 build?WHAT’S WORKING:
• RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
• Video Playback
• Wi-Fi (Hotspot too)
• Bluetooth (Headsets too)
• Capacitive buttonsKNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus?
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928F-FD/C/G/I/S/K/L/7C
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus T-mobile G928T/W8
- Galaxy S6 Edge Plus TWRP – required to install this ROM
- Lineage OS 17.1 GApps
- Lineage OS 17.1 Rooting
- Download ADB to sideload this build
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus?Following are the two sub-sections of this Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Lineage OS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing Lineage OS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing Lineage OS 17.1 ROM build
First Time Installation of Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Lineage OS 17.1 –This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10 based custom ROM.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)IMPORTANT NOTE:
Use Odin without “Auto Reboot” option to flash the TWRP.
After flashing TWRP via Odin, manually reboot to TWRP recovery by holding the key combination of Vol UP + Home + Power. Don’t reboot to the stock image which restores the stock recovery.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- ADB Sideload the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file.
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the Lineage OS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
Upgrading from earlier Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus:
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Lineage OS 17.1 ROM, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT Lineage OS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
How to Root Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus?
After installing Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT Lineage OS 17.1If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
GCam for Lineage OS 17.1 or Android 10?
Any GCam 7.x version is compatible with Lineage OS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK page for a compatible GCam for your phone.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus forum for other Android 10, or other custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.