Tagged: Android 10, LineageOS 17, LuK1337, OnePlus
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 6 months ago by Siba.
September 13, 2019 at 4:43 AM #96780SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus 6 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install OnePlus 6 LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This OnePlus 6 LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer LuK1337. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to LuK1337 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LuK1337
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL ALPHA BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR OnePlus 6, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6 requires an unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the OnePlus 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Nothing reported
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for OnePlus 6?
- ROM Download link Lineage OS 17.1
- ROM Download link | Mirror Download Link Lineage OS 17
- OnePlus 6 TWRP Download (enchilada) for this OnePlus 6 LineageOS 17 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- OnePlus 6 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- LineageOS 17 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 6?
Following are the two sub-sections of this OnePlus 6 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6 and the LineageOS 17 GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this OnePlus 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root TWRP for OnePlus 6
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition and Cache partition from TWRP recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the OnePlus 6 LineageOS 17 ROM zip file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6 (enchilada):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 6.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for OnePlus 6
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the OnePlus 6 LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 6, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Similarly, verify for the presence of root. If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 6, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on OnePlus 6.
How to Root OnePlus 6 on Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus 6 you may want to enable ROOT on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 RootIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.
Where to Download Google Camera for OnePlus 6 LineageOS 17?
Visit this link to download GCam for OnePlus 6
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of GCam APK download for supported devicesStay tuned or Subscribe to the OnePlus 6 (enchilada) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.