Many working ports of Google Camera or GCam for OnePlus 6 / 6T are now available to download which is built by Arnova8G2, BSG and TlnNeun. The GCam brings Night Sight, Astrophotography and other features on OnePlus 6.
Available GCam versions for OnePlus 6 or 6T
GCam 8.0 for OnePlus 6 or 6T is the latest version among other compatible ports. Below are the available versions of GCam for OnePlus 6 or 6T.
- GCam 8.3 (Latest Version)
- GCam 8.0
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2 (For OnePlus 6T running on Android 11)
The GCam 8.0 for OnePlus 6 or 6T is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The older version of Google camera 6.1 that brings night sight and the GCam 7.4 has brought Astrophotography mode on OnePlus 6 or 6T. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie, Android 10, and Android 11.
Status of this OnePlus 6 Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Slow motion (on GCam 8.0)
Where to Download GCam for OnePlus 6 and 6T?
Below are different versions of compatible GCam APK for OnePlus 6 or 6T available to download –
GCam 8 for OnePlus 6 and 6T:GCam 8.0 Download (Download the latest MGC_8.0.018_A9_V0f.apk file or later which has a crash FIX for front camera)
Download GCam 7 for OnePlus 6 / 6T:GCam 7.3 Download GCam 7.0 Download
Download GCam 6 for OnePlus 6 / 6T:
Both the below GCam ports are working on Android 11 on this device.
GCam 6.2 Download 1 GCam 6.2 Download 2
How to Install the Google Camera on OnePlus 6 / 6T?
- Download a GCam apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on OnePlus 6 / 6T.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.0 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, so there is no settings that needs to be enabled. But to capture photos in astro photography mode, certain conditions to be met after which the mode is enabled automatically.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for OnePlus 6 / 6T. This will always have the latest GCam APK for the OnePlus 6 / 6T.
3 comments on "GCam for OnePlus 6 and 6T – Google Camera 8.3"
I’m using OnePlus 6t but gcam 8.3 version crashing front camera please fix bugs quackly
Bro thanx for the mod. Downloaded ver 8 fro my OP 6 running on android 10. Front camera files are not getting saved, rear camera works fine.