LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Redmi Note 8 LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Redmi Note 8 LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer tarkzim.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Redmi Note 8 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM:
– Almost everything
– SELinux is permissive
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi note 8?
Download and Install LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM for Redmi Note 8 and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the custom Recovery to install this Redmi Note 8 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the recovery provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured recovery for Redmi Note 8
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- Install the Redmi Note 8 LineageOS 17.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8
- Wipe the system partition from the recovery menu.
- Install the Redmi Note 8 LineageOS 17.1 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Root
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 8 LineageOS 17.1?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)