LineageOS 21 based on Android 14 is now available for Galaxy S10 to download. This article explains how to install LineageOS 21 on Galaxy S10 with a step-by-step guide.
Follow the links to get other Android 14 builds: Android 14 Download for supported devices.
This LineageOS 21 build for Galaxy S10 which is based on Android 14 and is brought to you by developer Linux4.
Status of the Galaxy S10 LineageOS 21 ROM
As of now this just comes with default AOSP features with LineageOS branding. Google Apps might be included in this ROM. If not, you can install GApps on top of it.
How to Install LineageOS 21 on Galaxy S10?
First time Installation of LineageOS 21 on Galaxy S10
- Unlock bootloader on Galaxy S10 if not done already!
- Download and install the ADB Fastboot utility on your PC.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 21 recovery and ROM file for Galaxy S10 and a compatible MindTheGApps Android 14 GApps to your PC and keep a copy of GApps on your phone.
- Install the lineage recovery using fastboot. Follow the below instructions to accomplish this:
- Reboot your phone into fastboot mode and connect it to a PC using a USB cable
- Power of the device and then press and hold Volume Down + Power key to boot into fastboot mode.
- Open a cmd window or terminal and verify if the fastboot finds the device by executing the below command:
- Once the device is recognized, execute the below command to flash the lineage recovery.
fastboot flash recovery lineage-21.0-20231112-recovery-Linux4-beyond1lte.img
- Now, boot into the the Recovery mode to verify if the new lineage recovery is installed or not!
- Once the recovery is installed, boot into the lineage recovery mode to install this Galaxy S10 LineageOS 21 ROM.
Use the Volume Down + Power key combination to boot into the recovery mode!
- From the main Lineage recovery screen, tap on Factory Reset, and then tap on Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process.
- Once cleaned the device, return to the main menu on the recovery screen.
- Sideload the Galaxy S10 LineageOS 21
.zipROM package but do not reboot before you read/followed the rest of the instructions!
- use Apply zip from ADB (which is ADB sideload)
- Then, open a cmd window and execute the below command to flash the ROM
adb sideload lineage-21..*.zip
- Reboot into the recovery again.
- Then install the MindTheGApps ARM64 Android 14 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 14 LineageOS 21 for Galaxy S10.
Upgrading LineageOS 21 on Galaxy S10 (beyond1lte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 21 for Galaxy S10, Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated ROM for Galaxy S10
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Galaxy S10 LineageOS 21 update, either using TWRP recovery or ADB Sideload.
- Reboot and see if you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 21, then download the MindTheGApps Android 14 GApps and flash it through ADB update.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 21 on Galaxy S10, then flash the Magisk rooting package or follow this Android 14 root guide.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 14 via LineageOS 21 on Galaxy S10.