OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Mi NOTE 2 (scorpio) is now available to download on the OFFICIAL LineageOS website. This is a step by step guide that explains how to install Official Lineageos 15.1 on Mi NOTE 2.
This OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Mi NOTE 2 is maintained by joe2k01.
Starting from LineageOS 15.1, LineageOS team has made stringent device support norms, which ensures that almost every important piece of hardware present on a phone MUST be in a working state on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 build. Which clearly means that users will enjoy a stock like upgrade experience on OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 updates.
Well, making a standard guideline to support LineageOS 15.1 foar a specific device will undoubtedly increase the reliability on LineageOS custom Android ROM and subsequent ROMs derived from LineageOS such as: Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid ROM etc.
If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to joe2k01 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for joe2k01
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery on your phone.
If you don’t have then download the recovery for Mi NOTE 2 from above link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery) provided it is in .img file extension.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
If you are on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 (yes, I mean the Android Nougat based OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1) then you don’t need to wipe the data and you can upgrade to the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 just by cleaning the system partition.
– If you are on an OFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 then you will be allowed to download the latest OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 using the updater app but you won’t be allowed to upgrade to LineageOS 15.1 on top of LineageOS 14.1
– So, you need to export the downloaded LineageOS 15.1 ROM build file to the SD card or phone memory from the updater app:
You can export the downloaded package to the sdcard/phone memory from the Updater app by long-pressing the downloaded file and then selecting “Export” on the top menu
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
If you have found any BUG on this OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 for Mi NOTE 2 then you can raise a jira ticket on LineageOS website.