September 26, 2019 at 4:17 PM #99092SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer tarkzim.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Bluetooth Headphone (Media / In-Call)
– Camera / Camcorder
– Double Tap to Wake
– Fingerprint Sensor
– IR Blaster
– RIL (LTE/Dual SIM/SMS)
– WiFi Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
– USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
– Video Playback
– ExFAT SDCardKNOWN ISSUES:
– Hardware Encryption
– SELinux is permissive
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17.1 FOR Mi Max:
- Latest firmware is required
- ROM Download link of Mi Max LineageOS 17.1
- Mi Max TWRP Download (hydrogen) for this Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1 (Download the nano GApps for LineageOS 17.1)
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Download and Install LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM for Mi Max and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Mi Max
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- Install the Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max (hydrogen):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Mi Max
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Mi Max LineageOS 17.1 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Max, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Max, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Max.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Mi Max you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Root
Where to Download Google Camera for Mi Max LineageOS 17.1?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi Max (hydrogen) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.