- This topic is empty.
April 4, 2020 at 3:18 PM #110292SibaKeymaster
Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S4 Active is now available to download from an official build. This article explains how to install the official Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S4 Active with a step-by-step guide.
This Galaxy S4 Active Lineage OS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer arco, npjohnson and side. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to arco, npjohnson, side and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for arco
– Donate to npjohnson
– Donate to Side
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN OFFICIAL NIGHTLY BUILD. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing custom ROM will delete all data on your phone. Make sure you copy all important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Known Issues on this Lineage OS 17.1 build?WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S4 Active?
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download
- Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active – (Download the Lineage Recovery to flash Lineage OS 17.1)
- Lineage OS 17.1 GApps
- Lineage OS 17.1 Rooting
- Download ADB to sideload this build
– ADB Fastboot for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S4 Active?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Galaxy S4 Active Lineage OS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing Lineage OS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing Lineage OS 17.1 ROM build
First Time Installation of Galaxy S4 Active Lineage OS 17.1 –This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Galaxy S4 Active Lineage OS 17.1 Android 10 based custom ROM.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP or Lineage recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP or Lineage recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)IMPORTANT NOTE:
Use Odin without “Auto Reboot” option to flash the TWRP.
After flashing TWRP via Odin, manually reboot to TWRP recovery by holding the key combination of Vol UP + Home + Power.
Don’t reboot to the stock image which restores the stock recovery.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- ADB Sideload the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file for Galaxy S4 Active.
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the Lineage OS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S4 Active.
Upgrading from earlier Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S4 Active:
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S4 Active.
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated Lineage OS 17.1 on your phone
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Lineage OS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Lineage OS 17.1, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT Lineage OS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S4 Active.
How to Root Galaxy S4 Active on Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on the phone you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT Lineage OS 17.1If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
GCam for Lineage OS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with Lineage OS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S4 Active (jactivelte) page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.