Galaxy S3 LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Hi all,

some new info about installation lineage (this time it was image lineage-14.1-20180830-nightly-i9300-signed.zip) version on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300):

– very huge battery drain: 100% during 12-13 hours in standby (no call, no wifi, no watching internet), when  comparing to stock rom (android 4.3, kernel 3.0.31-2823469) which lasts 5 days it is terrible

–   MTP host crashes often

– network does not work, no IMEI, nonrecognized SIM card, EFS partition damaged.

– root access does not work even it was enabled /ADB+app/ – applications checking root access shows not rooted system.

+ UI has very quick reactions

+ nice look

If/When developers fix these issues it will be good to have installed on mobile.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve migrated CM-14.1 -> Lineage UNOFFICIAL (wiped..etc…) when it was the only one version on line…

What’s the difference between OFFICIAL & UNOFFICIAL ? (except the “UN”….)

OFFICIAL nightly updates are more frequent…

Migrate OFFICIAL -> OFFICIAL needs wiped and complete install again ?

Thanks…

Best regards

Linux User
    Participant

Hum…

Maybe my answer’s there ?
    http://wiki.lineageos.org/faq.html…

“You are attempting to migrate from an unofficial build to LineageOS. To do this, you need to flash the migration zip, marked as ‘experimental’”

???

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I’m on lineage-14.1-20170206-nightly-i9300-signed.zip but, when I try to update to lineage-14.1-20170213-nightly-i9300-signed.zip , get this error (image), similar when I install SU. I did a clean install before this update.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Linux User.
    Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=26222]Hi folks,
    how do I update to the latest version? I’m running 14.1-20170906-nightly-i9300. Also, can I skip straight to the latest or do I need to install each previous first? Thanks a lot guys
    [/quote]

You can directly jump to the latest NIGHTLY build available for your device, as long as it is the same Android version.

I can see that you are running a build from 20170906 (which is 6th September 2017). Now the latest build is available on dated 4th October 2017, which you can install on top of the current build.

Follow the LineageOS 14.1 upgrade steps to upgrade on top of existing LineageOS 14.1.

Linux User
    Participant

Im not sure if Mini have to work (Id say they should work) Still what I have tried were pico and stock and both worked perfectly. If it doesnt wwork for you maybe you should get lineage coming from cm13 using the experimental rom. Ive used this second methode, as well as theclean flash, and worked perfectly. Hope iit works. If it has any more problems let us know!

Linux User
    Participant
    Linux User
    Participant

Si, llevo la última actualización y aún tengo esos problemas. Bueno, tendré que hacer lo que me dices a ver si es la solución. Gracias por tu respuesta amigo. Saludos

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=26293]

<p style=”user-select: text;”>Hi folks,<br style=”user-select: text;”> how do I update to the latest version? I’m running 14.1-20170906-nightly-i9300. Also, can I skip straight to the latest or do I need to install each previous first? Thanks a lot guys

<p style=”user-select: text;”>You can directly jump to the latest NIGHTLY build available for your device, as long as it is the same Android version.
    <p style=”user-select: text;”>I can see that you are running a build from 20170906 (which is 6th September 2017). Now the latest build is available on dated 4th October 2017, which you can install on top of the current build.
    <p style=”user-select: text;”>Follow the LineageOS 14.1 upgrade steps to upgrade on top of existing LineageOS 14.1.
    [/quote]

cheers bro!! will I lose any data doing it this way? and do I have to reflash Gapps?

Linux User
    Participant

for upgrade a new version, what wipe’s i do? Ty

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.