Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 14.1 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL LineageOS build then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. Here we also have the CM14 for Galaxy NOTE 3. This LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte) is brought to you by developer Trader418. Another build brought to you by christer12. If you like christer12’s ROM then consider donating christer12 via PayPal and donate to Trader418.

Status of Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR GALAXY NOTE 3 LINEAGE OS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery or else install the CF auto root for Galaxy NOTE 3: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24344671467601938 to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 14.1 FOR Galaxy NOTE 3 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte). After the installation of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Note 3 LineageOS 14.1 dev thread by trader418 is here.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, any reason why your efforts aren’t part of the official list of supported LineageOS devices (http://wiki.lineageos.org/devices.html) ? Do please join their IRC channel on freenode to discuss how to include it as part of the supported devices. Their main concern is to identify a “maintainer” for the device in question.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,
    I just installed this, so thanks for helping me revive my Note 3!

Bluetooth seems to have issues. My headset, an LG HBS 760 is not discovered, neither are any other devices.

Any improvement to be expected, or something I can do?

Regards,
    Kordt

Linux User
    Participant

Only problem I have found is the unlock swipe. The screen size is 5.7 inches? it seems this ROM needs a screen @ 6.7 inches to allow unlock. I double press power button to get into camera to unlock device. Also getting memory problems with very large games that were not present t in CM13.

Now looking for kernel alternative for CPU and memory control.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi all!! I just tried on my Note 3 Sm N9005 this Rom, I have to say that I have found errors in it, are errors related to the signal coverage, sometimes marked a ray and other times marked two lines of signal in the network coverage Of the SIM card, most of the time I was without coverage. Please solve it as soon as possible. Thank you very much for this ROM

Linux User
    Participant

I finally uninstalled it completely, I re-installed the official Android 5.0 version on my note3 SM N9005, the baseband is N9005XXUGBPI1 and now I have full coverage and working properly. What can I do to have full coverage in lineage 14.1 on my note 3 sm n9005? Should I update the modem and bootloader? Help me please, I would like to have installed lineage 14.1

Linux User
    Participant

I have Flashfire by Chainfire installed, this allows me to easily flash modem, kernel or bootloader or any full or partial OTA/Firmware/Rom ZIP.

I believe you can flash your ROM choice via TWRP then add an additional zip for the modem for your region or network provider. The frequencies of the modem have to be supported by your network.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Julian!! If I extract the file called modem.bin from the official firmware android 5.0 and then flash it with ODIN in lineage 14.1 I should repair the coverage problem, right?

Linux User
    Participant

I’ve solved the couverage problem, I’ve installed the Flashfire app by Chainfire on my rooted android 5.0 official ROM by sammobile, with Flashfire app i’ve installed lineage 14.1 and the Gapps nano again. Now The band base is the correct N9005XXUGBPI1 and I’ve full couverage. I’ve tried more functions and work so fine now right on my device. I just rooted Lineage OS 14.1 with el ZIP file”addonsu-arm-signed” for ARM. Thanks so much Julian for helping me and recommending me this great app

Linux User
    Participant

This LINEAGE 14.1 ROM is compatible too with the note 3 N900T(T-Mobile), because i was thinking if both use Qualcomm Chip and LTE connection….maybe i can upgrate to Lineage 14.1????

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.