Tagged: Android 10, LineageOS 17, wight554, Xiaomi
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by Gorzeskol.
September 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM #96726SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer wight554.
Follow the links to get other Android 10 builds such as: LineageOS 17.1 and Android 10 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to wight554 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to wight554
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL ALPHA BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Mi Mix 2, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2 requires an unlock bootloader on Mi Mix 2, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Wifi Display aka Miracast aka *cast (requires platform changes from caf which aren’t available yet)
– No stable Android 10 GApps available yet
– VoLTE might be broken for countries other than India
– No LineageOS customization as it is an initial build of LineageOS 17
– Stock Clock app has broken alarm (Use Google Clock or any other for now)
– Stock messaging app doesn’t have notifications (Use Google Messaging or QKSMS)
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Mi Mix 2:
- ROM Download link of Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17
- Mi Mix 2 TWRP Download (chiron) for this Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Mi Mix 2 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- LineageOS 17 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Mi Mix 2 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root TWRP for Mi Mix 2
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2 (chiron):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Mi Mix 2.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Mi Mix 2
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi Mix 2, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi Mix 2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Mi Mix 2.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Mi Mix 2 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi Mix 2 (chiron) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>November 13, 2019 at 11:47 AM #101142GorzeskolParticipant
HI, i flashed each GAPs and it dint work, but this ones do:
-flash LineageOs, and reboot system
-turn off and return to TWRP (if you cant, flash again TWRP from flashboot)
i hope you can undertand my instructions and it works for you too
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.