September 10, 2019 at 2:33 AM #96656SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Mi 6 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17 on Mi 6, with a step-by-step guide. This Mi 6 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer NeoArian.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Mi 6 LineageOS 17 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 17 ON Mi 6:
- ROM Download link for Mi 6 LineageOS 17
- Mi 6 TWRP Download (sagit) for this Mi 6 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 17 ON Mi 6 – Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 17 on Mi 6 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Mi 6 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 17 on Mi 6. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root aware TWRP for Mi 6
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- Now format the data partition. (Formatting data partition is different than wiping data partition)
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery.
- Install the Mi 6 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 on Mi 6.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 on Mi 6 (sagit):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Mi 6, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 on Mi 6
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 17 update on Mi 6.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi 6, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi 6, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Mi 6.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Mi 6 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Mi 6 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 6 (sagit) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.