Android 14 is now available publicly in the AOSP along side it was launched for Pixel devices and we have seen some development around the same.
Mi 11 was launched with Android 11 and is supported to be upgraded to the official MIUI Android 14.
But this is not it! I am here to tell you about all other Android 14 custom ROMs available for Mi 11 and how to flash it on the phone.
This time it is the Android 14 Evolution X which is based on AOSP, and brought to you by joeyhuab. You can try the same but make sure you read the DISCLAIMER below and follow the guide in the exact steps written.
What Works on Evolution X Android 14 on Mi 11?
What doesn’t work?
How to Install Android 14 Evolution X on Mi 11
Below is the step-by-step guide to install the Evolution X Android 14 on your Mi 11.
- Take a backup of all your data from the device.
- Unlock bootloader on Mi 11
- Once unlocked, Install TWRP on Mi 11.
- Follow the link that has all required downloads and instructions to accomplish this.
- Download and install the ADB Fastboot utility on your PC.
- Download and extract payload_dumper for Windows.
- If you have a Linux or Mac, make some arrangement to extract the .img files from the payload.bin file from this ROM otherwise.
- Download the Mi 11 Evolution X Android 14 ROM file
- Once downloaded, extract this zip file.
- Copy the payload.bin file from the Evolution X ROM .zip file to the payload_input folder of payload_dumper tool.
- After copying, run payload_dumper.exe then you will get the extracted images under payload_output folder.
- Reboot the phone into fastboot mode and then flash the vendor_boot.img, boot.img etc. using the below command line:
fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img
fastboot flash vendor_boot_ab vendor_boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo_ab dtbo.img
- Reboot to TWRP or other custom recovery and then do a Factory Reset.
- Then use Apply zip from ADB (which is ADB sideload)
- Open a cmd window and execute the below command to flash the ROM
adb sideload evolution_venus..*.zip
- Use ADB Sideload to install the Android 14 AOSP ROM zip file.
- Reboot your device and DONE.
Google Camera for Mi 11 on Android 14
That’s all for now on this Android 14 build for Mi 11. As I have mentioned right on top of this guide that this device will be upgraded to official Android 14 but it might come little late.
Meanwhile, if some other Android 14 custom ROM comes for this, I will keep you guys posted either here or on other separate post.
That’s all for now. If you face any problem, or if you find anything missing in these instructions, do let me know in the comment section and I will try to fix it ASAP.