Android 14 update is now available and we have seen some development around the same. This time it is the Android 14 for OnePlus 6T.
OnePlus 6T was launched with Android 9 and was upgradable to Android 11/12; which means the OnePlus 6T will NEVER receive the official OnePlus Android 14 in future.
This is where the custom ROM such as this Pixel Experience Android 14 ROM for OnePlus 6T is great if you have ever wished to upgrade it to the latest Android
What Works on Pixel Experience Android 14 on OnePlus 6T?
What doesn’t work?
How to Install Android 14 on OnePlus 6T
Below is the step-by-step guide to install the Pixel Experience Android 14 ROM on your OnePlus 6T.
- Download the Pixel Experience Android 14 ROM for OnePlus 6T and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC (if you intend to install using ADB sideload)
- Download links are available in the below download section.
- Download and install the ADB Fastboot utility on your PC.
- Unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6T
- Download and install the recovery for OnePlus 6T
- Reboot the phone into fastboot mode (press both Power + Volume Up keys) and then flash the recovery.img using the below command line
fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox-fajita..*.img (or) twrp..*-fajita.img
- Now, download Pixel Experience Android 14 ROM file for OnePlus 6T
- Enter into recovery mode and Wipe data, Cache, System and system partition.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Then use Apply zip from ADB (which is ADB sideload)
- Open a cmd window and execute the below command to flash the ROM
adb sideload PixelExperience_fajita-14.0..*.zip
- Use ADB Sideload to install the Android 14 ROM zip file.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 14 on OnePlus 6T.
NOTE: This ROM already has GApps built-in. You DO NOT need to flash any Android 14 GApps.
Google Camera for OnePlus 6T on Android 14
That’s all for now on this Android 14 build for OnePlus 6T. As I have mentioned right on top of this guide that this device will NOT be upgraded to official Android 14, hence, custom ROM is the only way to upgrade to latest Android version.
Meanwhile, if some other Android 14 custom ROM comes for this, I will keep you guys posted either here or on other separate post.
That’s all for now. If you face any problem, or if you find anything missing in these instructions, do let me know in the comment section and I will try to fix it ASAP.