- This topic is empty.
November 24, 2019 at 10:23 AM #101714SibaKeymaster
TWRP Recovery for Redmi 8A based on Android Pie is now available to download. This step by step guide explains how to download and install TWRP on Redmi 8A.
The TWRP recovery for Redmi 8A is brought to you by developer(s) milankragujevic.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
About this TWRP for Redmi 8A
– TWRP version: 3.x
– Supported Android Version: Android Pie
– Only for Global variant of Redmi 8A (May not work on Indian and Chinese variant of Redmi 8A)
Required guides and downloads to install twrp on Redmi 8A
- Redmi 8A Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP download for Redmi 8A
- Download vbmeta image
- Force Encryption disabler download
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
Below are the download links and guides to install ADB and Fastboot:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB and fastboot for Linux
– ADB and fastboot for MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on the Redmi 8A
How to Install TWRP on Redmi 8A?
- Enable Developer options on your phone.
- Then enable USB debugging and OEM unlock insisde developer options.
- Connect the Redmi 8A to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install the 15 seconds adb installer and the minimal adb and fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Redmi 8A into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Redmi 8A
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Redmi 8A and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloaderto put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Redmi 8A.
- Flash the vbmeta image to the vbmeta partition.
fastboot flash vbmeta name_of_vbmeta.img
- Reboot into fastboot mode execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.x.x-xxx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing TWRP on Redmi 8A.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
- From TWRP, disable encryption and flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file
What to do after installing TWRP on Redmi 8A:
- You can enable ROOT access on Redmi 8A ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 8A
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi 8A
Following are some extra resources for Redmi 8A which you may be interested in:
– Google camera for Redmi 8AStay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 8A forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.