Tagged: Android Oreo, LineageOS 15.1, opendata, Xperia Z2
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 10 months ago by shibaa987.
May 1, 2018 at 12:21 AM #34025shibaa987Moderator
LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2 (sirius) is now available to download via a development build. This post provides you the download link to the Android Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2 (sirius) and guides through the installation process of the same. This LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2 is brought to you by developer opendata.
Follow the links to get LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
If you like this ROM then do consider a small contribution to opendata:
Donate to opendata: litecoin:LQ7tw8TYiY6vRwSVHpVpNAA2XA4TUjtKF5
If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 15 page or the AOSP Oreo ROMs devices list page or the AICP 13 Oreo ROMs list.
THIS IS AN INITIAL ALPHA BUILD WHICH HAS MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM requires an unlocked bootloader on Xperia Z2, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. Understand that you are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2 Oreo 8 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everything except the followingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Video doesn’t work
– On some devices 2.4GHz wifi is slow
– Miracast (Wireless display) doesn’t work
– File manager doesn’t crashes if you open by clicking on icon – long press and select images instead
– To install apk’s don’t click on downloaded notification but navigate to downloads in file manager and install it from there
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2 OREO ROM:
- TWRP recovery for Xperia Z2
– Here is the TWRP update guide for Xperia Z2. This recovery guide requires an unlocked bootloader on the phone.
- LineageOS 15.1 Download link for Xperia Z2 (sirius)
- GApps for LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM
- Baseband patch ONLY for D6502 users
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS ROM, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE THE LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into Recovery.
Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then download the recovery for Xperia Z2 from above link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Download and extract the boot.img file from the ROM zip file and copy to your pc. Boot the phone in fastboot mode and execute the following to flash the boot image file:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
This requires Fastboot to be installed on your PC:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– and how to install Fastboot on Linux or MAC
- Then download and Copy the Oreo GApps and the LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP to the phone.
- First flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP file from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
- This step is only for the D6502 users:
flash the Baseband patch (download link given in the downloads section)
- Reboot and Enjoy Android Oreo with LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2 (sirius):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.1 with LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2. After the installing the LineageOS 15.1 ROM, you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
- Copy the latest LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z2 ZIP file to the phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the ROM ZIP that you copied.
- Then flash the LineageOS 15.1 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy
How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.1 ROM.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Sony Xperia Z2 (sirius) forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Here is the dev thread link on xda forum for the ROM build.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- TWRP recovery for Xperia Z2
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.