- April 13, 2019 at 7:52 AM #79327SibaKeymaster
TWRP for Umidigi S3 Pro is now available to download from TWRP builder as an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP on Umidigi S3 Pro and ROOT Umidigi S3 Pro (using TWRP recovery).
After installing TWRP recovery on Umidigi S3 Pro you can install many android mods such as google camera (gcam) apk, enable navigation gesture, enable face unlock, viper4android audio enhancement etc. and many more.
[su_note note_color=”#F9D9D9″ text_color=”#AA4343″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Umidigi S3 Pro. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT Umidigi S3 Pro NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING.
- Required downloads to install TWRP recovery for Umidigi S3 Pro
- How to install TWRP recovery on Umidigi S3 Pro
- What you can do after installing TWRP on Umidigi S3 Pro
- Required downloads and guides for Umidigi S3 Pro ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on Umidigi S3 Pro ROOTING guide
- How to check if Umidigi S3 Pro is ROOTED or NOT
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Umidigi S3 Pro, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Unlocked bootloader on Umidigi S3 Pro
- TWRP recovery download for Umidigi S3 Pro
- USB drivers for Mediatek
- ADB and Fastboot Download
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
- Latest MTK Droid Root and tools
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Windows
- Install ADB and fastboot on Linux PC
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 64-bit
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 32-bit
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A WINDOWS PC:
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A LINUX PC:
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Umidigi S3 Pro:
Follow the below step by step guide to install the TWRP for Umidigi S3 Pro
Before installing TWRP you may require an unlocked bootloader on Umidigi S3 Pro.
Installing TWRP on Umidigi S3 Pro requires a scatter file to be created.
A scatter file of a Mediatek device is what tells about the presence of different partition and the start address of each partition.
[su_note note_color=”#D7E3F4″ text_color=”#728095″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]
Either you can download the scatter file from the downloads section or you can create it by yourself using the following guide.
How to create scatter file for Umidigi S3 Pro:
Extract the scatter file for Umidigi S3 Pro from the TWRP file, which is available in the download link.
If you already have a scatter file then there is no need to create it. You can SKIP to install the TWRP directly.
If you don’t have a scatter file for the Umidigi S3 Pro then you need to create it by yourself by following the below steps.
This guide needs the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for Umidigi S3 Pro.
- Download the Droid MTK Tool from the above Downloads section.
- It’s in a zip file, so extract that file or open using WinRar or some application and then open the MTKDroidTools.exe file.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on the Umidigi S3 Pro; to make the device accessible via ADB.
- Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
– When you connect the phone to the PC, MTKDroidTool will show all the information about your phone.
- On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
- On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of Umidigi S3 Pro.
On the bottom of the screen you see a Create scatter file button.
– Click on the button to create scatter file for Umidigi S3 Pro.
- Save the scatter file for Umidigi S3 Pro in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on Umidigi S3 Pro using SP Flash Tool:
TWRP recovery download to a Mediatek phone is done by SP Flash tool, which uses a scatter file to know which address the recovery partition starts.
Make sure you have downloaded the SP Flash tool and created the scatter file for Umidigi S3 Pro.
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on Umidigi S3 Pro using the scatter file.
- Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
- Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the Umidigi S3 Pro scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
After selecting the scatter file, the SP Flash tool application automatically find available partitions and other details.
- Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for Umidigi S3 Pro, which is in .img format.
- Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on Umidigi S3 Pro as shown in the picture.
- After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to Umidigi S3 Pro, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
What to do after you install TWRP for Umidigi S3 Pro:
- You can root the Umidigi S3 Pro
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Umidigi S3 Pro
- You can install some of the mods available on Umidigi S3 Pro
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Umidigi S3 Pro.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Umidigi S3 Pro then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
[su_note note_color=”#F9D9D9″ text_color=”#AA4343″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]
ROOTING Umidigi S3 Pro MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Umidigi S3 Pro ROOTING:
- Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for Umidigi S3 Pro
– Well, this is a very important aspect to ROOT using Magisk zip file. The Magisk ROOT zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
- Download the latest Magisk ROOT zip file for Umidigi S3 Pro or one of the following:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file (RECOMMENDED)
- Download the latest SuperSU ROOT zip file for ONLY if the Magisk does not work:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the Magisk ROOT file to Umidigi S3 Pro. (I hope you have already downloaded the files from the above downloads section)
- Restart the Umidigi S3 Pro to boot into TWRP recovery.
- From the TWRP recovery screen, click the Install button, then select the Magisk ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for Umidigi S3 Pro, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the Magisk or SuperSU ROOT file. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Umidigi S3 Pro ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Umidigi S3 Pro or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Umidigi S3 Pro then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Umidigi S3 Pro forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.