LineageOS 17.1 / 17 for Nexus 6p is now available to download and install from an unofficial build. This step by step guide explains how to install the same on Nexus 6p.
This Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17 build is brought to you by developer PixelBoot.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
– Donate to PixelBoot
– Donate to LineageOS project
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 and 17 for Nexus 6p, which may have many bugs. Flash at your own risk.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17 custom ROM
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 or 17 for Nexus 6p?
- [button anchor=”LineageOS 17.x Download” url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=302684&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC” size=”medium” style=”hero” color=”primary”]
- Download bootloader, radio and vendor img extracted from stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image
- Nexus 6p TWRP Download for this LineageOS 17.1 / 17 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Nexus 6p unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1 / 17 (Minimal GApps is included for now in the build. But this may be required for later builds)
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
It is strongly recommended that you install the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 ROM build.
How to Install LineageOS 17.x on Nexus 6p?
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 on Nexus 6p
- Upgrading from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 / 17 ROM
First time installation of the LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- Download and flash the bootloader, radio and vendor image using fastboot from stock oreo 8.1 OPM7.181205.001 Dec 2018 factory image. Ignore if you already have it.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 / 17 ROM for Nexus 6p and the GApps for LineageOS 17.1 / 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Nexus 6p
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the system, data and Cache partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Then format the data partition.
- Install the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17 zip file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Nexus 6p.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 / 17
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 / 17 build, compatible GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Nexus 6p, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the ROM on Nexus 6p, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Nexus 6p.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Nexus 6p you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting guide
Where to Download Google Camera for Nexus 6p LineageOS 17.1 / 17?
GCam 7.x version is compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
Follow the links to get other Android 10 builds such as: Lineage OS 17.1 and Android 10 Download for supported devices.