STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Walton Primo S5:
– Before installing TWRP you may require an unlocked bootloader on Walton Primo S5
– Installing TWRP on Walton Primo S5 requires a Mediatek Scatter file.
– A scatter file of a Mediatek device contains information about different partitions such as the start address, size etc. of each partition.
How to create scatter file for Walton Primo S5:
This guide need the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for Walton Primo S5.
Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
– When you connect the phone to the PC, MTKDroidTool will show all the information about your phone
On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of Walton Primo S5.
– On the bottom of the screen you see a Create scatter file button.
– Click on the button to create scatter file for Walton Primo S5.
Save the scatter file for Walton Primo S5 in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on Walton Primo S5 using SP Flash Tool:
– The TWRP flashing on a Mediatek phone is done by SP Flash tool, which uses a scatter file to know which address the recovery partition starts.
– Make sure you have downloaded the SP Flash tool and created the scatter file for Walton Primo S5.
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on Walton Primo S5 using the scatter file.
Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the Walton Primo S5 scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
– After selecting the scatter file, the SP Flash tool application automatically find available partitions and other details
Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for Walton Primo S5, which is in .img format.
Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on Walton Primo S5 as shown in the picture.
After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to Walton Primo S5, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP recovery flashed on Walton Primo S5.
What to do after you install TWRP for Walton Primo S5:
You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Walton Primo S5
You can install some of the mods available on Walton Primo S5
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Walton Primo S5.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Walton Primo S5 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Walton Primo S5 ROOTING:
Make sure you have already installed TWRP for Walton Primo S5 and hence unlocked the bootloader.
– Well, this is a very important aspect of Rooting Walton Primo S5 process.
– The SuperSU or the Magisk zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery.
– Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Walton Primo S5 or one of the following:
Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Walton Primo S5 using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Walton Primo S5. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
Now restart the Walton Primo S5 to boot into TWRP recovery.
Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for Walton Primo S5, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
Profit!!! You should now have a Walton Primo S5 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Walton Primo S5 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Walton Primo S5 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Walton Primo S5 forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.