September 16, 2019 at 10:03 AM #96862SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 5 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer ayandebnath and another build of LineageOS 17.1 is by baunilla.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES on ayandebnath’s build:
– Double tap to wake (DT2W)
– Chrome is unstable (use another browser)KNOWN ISSUES on baunilla’s build:
– Fingerprint not detected (Goodix only?)
– Camera low-light artifacts (use zoom to fix)
– SELinux permissive, public test-keys
– Some idle battery drain
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 5?
- ROM Download link of Redmi 5 LineageOS 17.1 by baunilla
- ROM Download link | Mirror Link of Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 by ayandebnath
- ROM Download link of Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 by baunilla (updated on November 3rd)
- Redmi 5 TWRP Download | Another TWRP Download for this LineageOS 17 ROM
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- GApps for this build is not required.
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Redmi 5 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Redmi 5
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- Install the Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5 (rosy):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 update.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 5.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Redmi 5 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi 5 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 5 (rosy) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.