Tagged: Android 10, Google, LineageOS 17, svlog
- This topic is empty.
November 23, 2019 at 10:06 AM #101690SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Nexus 5X is now available to download and install from a developer build. This step by step guide explains how to install Nexus 5X LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Nexus 5X LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer svlog.
Follow the links to get other LineageOS 17 downloads and Android 10 Download for different devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to svlog and LineageOS project:
– donation to svlog
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Nexus 5X, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for Nexus 5X requires an unlock bootloader on Nexus 5X, which may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Nexus 5X:
- ROM Download link of Nexus 5X LineageOS 17
- Nexus 5X TWRP Download for Nexus 5X
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Nexus 5X unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Nexus 5X?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Nexus 5X LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Nexus 5X
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Nexus 5X from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Nexus 5X for the first time:This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Nexus 5X LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM.
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM file and the GApps to your phone.
- Install the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Nexus 5X.
How to upgrade from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Nexus 5X (bullhead)?
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Nexus 5X.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Nexus 5X, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Nexus 5X
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Nexus 5X, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Nexus 5X, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Nexus 5X.
After installing Nexus 5X LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT.If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try the SuperSU zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nexus 5X (bullhead) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.