Tagged: addison, Alberto97, Android Oreo, fab, LineageOS 15, Moto Z Play
Android Oreo 8.0 based LineageOS 15 for Moto Z Play is now available to download via an EXPERIMENTAL development build. This post provides the download link to the LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM for Moto Z Play and guides through the installation process of the same. This LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM for Moto Z Play is brought to you by developer Alberto97 and another build by fab.
Follow the links to get LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.
If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS 15 update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 15 ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page.
If you like this ROM then do contribute to Alberto97 for his hard work:
Donate to Alberto97
– Here is theTWRP update guide for Moto Z Play. This recovery guide requires an unlocked bootloader on the phone.
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS ROM, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery