Tagged: Android Oreo, Galaxy S9 Exynos, jesec, LineageOS 15.1
Android Oreo 8.1 ROM, LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S9+ Exynos (star2lte) has now arrived via a development build. This LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos (star2lte) is brought to you by developer jesec (Jesse Chan).
If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to jesec and/or LineageOS project:
– Donate to jesec (Jesse Chan)
– Donate to LineageOS project
If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 15 page or the AOSP Android Oreo devices list page or the AICP 13 Oreo ROMs list.
Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy S9+ Exynos (star2lte) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Galaxy S9+ Exynos (star2lte) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
– Here is the TWRP update guide for the Galaxy S9+ Exynos (star2lte).
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS Rooting guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery