Tagged: allstargaurav, Android Pie, LineageOS 16, Motorola
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 6 months ago by shibaa987.
August 28, 2018 at 2:51 PM #46998shibaa987Moderator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Moto G. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Moto G, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Moto G is brought to you by developer allstargaurav.
Follow the links to get other LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to allstargaurav and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– Donate to allstargauravDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Moto G, WHICH MAY HAVE BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Moto G, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Moto G LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS 16 ON Moto G:
- TWRP for Moto G (falcon) for this Moto G LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Moto G unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM Download link for Moto G LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto G – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Moto G LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Moto G
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Moto G from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Moto G for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using falconium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using falconium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using falconium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Moto G LineageOS 16 Android Pie ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Moto G.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Moto G LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Moto G.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Moto G (falcon):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Moto G.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Moto G, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 16 on Moto G
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Moto G.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Moto G.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Moto G you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam Download for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G (falcon) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKSeptember 12, 2018 at 11:10 PM #49498Ann4BMember
thank you so much for your work! for me everything but Bluetooth is working fine. While trying to enable Bluetooth there pops up a message “cannot activate Bluetooth”.September 14, 2018 at 6:19 PM #50932shibaa987Moderator
Thanks for the feedback. All credit goes to allstargaurav.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.