Tagged: Android Pie, ArcherTanu, LineageOS 16, Motorola, rahul9999
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 5 months ago by FlavioDarky7.
September 1, 2018 at 12:02 AM #47683shibaa987Moderator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Moto G3 Turbo. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Moto G3 Turbo is brought to you by developer rahul9999 and another build is brought to you by ArcherTanu.
Follow the links to get other LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to rahul9999, ArcherTanu and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for ArcherTanu
– Donate to rahul9999
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Moto G3 Turbo, WHICH MAY HAVE BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Moto G3 Turbo, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Moto G3 Turbo LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS 16 ON Moto G3 Turbo:
- ROM Download link for Moto G3 Turbo LineageOS 16 (by ArcherTanu)
- ROM Download link for Moto G3 Turbo LineageOS 16 (by rahul9999)
- TWRP for Moto G3 Turbo (merlin) for this Moto G3 Turbo LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Moto G3 Turbo unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto G3 Turbo – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Moto G3 Turbo LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using merlinium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using merlinium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using merlinium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Moto G3 Turbo LineageOS 16 Android Pie ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Moto G3 Turbo LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo (merlin):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Moto G3 Turbo, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Moto G3 Turbo.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Moto G3 Turbo you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G3 Turbo (merlin) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKSeptember 7, 2018 at 12:42 AM #48699
Does not boot :(September 10, 2018 at 12:59 AM #48895shibaa987Moderator
Probably that’s the reason the file has been removed now.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKOctober 4, 2018 at 3:23 AM #54197FlavioDarky7Member
Please keep working on this rom, I’m waiting.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.