Tagged: Galaxy Grand DUOS, Lineage OS, Lineage OS 13, osas514
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by shibaa987.
June 1, 2017 at 12:11 AM #20155shibaa987Moderator
Android Marshmallow ROM, LineageOS 13 for Grand DUOS has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL and OFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROM builds then stay tuned to the LineageOS 13 ROM page and LineageOS 14.1 ROM. This LineageOS 13 based on Marshmallow for Grand DUOS is brought to you by osas514.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER:
No donation link found for Osas.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy Grand DUOS may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand DUOS (i9082) Marshmallow ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not known
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 13 for Grand DUOS MARSHMALLOW CUSTOM ROM:
- TWRP for Grand DUOS (i9082)
– Here is: TWRP update Guide for Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS (This guide is only for .tar or tar.md5 TWRP filetypes)
– To flash .img file you can follow this recovery guide for .img files or you can use Flashify to update the .img TWRP.
- Galaxy Grand DUOS LineageOS 13 ROM (i9082) [UNOFFICIAL ROM LINK]
- Marshmallow GApps for Galaxy Grand DUOS LineageOS 13 Marshmallow ROM
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 13, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 13
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU ROOT to gain ROOT access.
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy Grand DUOS LineageOS 13 MARSHMALLOW CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand DUOS for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Then, download and Copy the GApps and LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand DUOS ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Samsung recovery update guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to clear data using TWRP.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– Take backup of data
– Take a ROM backup
- First flash the Galaxy Grand DUOS LineageOS 13 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS.
- DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the LineageOS 13 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining flashing Marshmallow GApps.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Marshmallow LineageOS 13 ROM for Galaxy Grand DUOS.
Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy Grand DUOS LineageOS 13:
- Copy the latest LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand DUOS ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining LineageOS installation precodeure.
- Then flash the LineageOS Marshmallow GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining Install GApps using recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Marshmallow with LineageOS 13 for Galaxy Grand DUOS. After the installation of Galaxy Grand DUOS LineageOS 13 ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to ROOT LineageOS 13.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy Grand DUOS (i9082) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS 13 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- TWRP for Grand DUOS (i9082)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.