LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5 (krillin) Marshmallow ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums BQ Device Forums Aquaris E4.5 – krillin LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5 (krillin) Marshmallow ROM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Here comes the LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5 via an unofficial build. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs for other devices then stay tuned to the Lineage 13 Marshmallow ROMs page, if you want LineageOS 14.1 then Nougat LineageOS page and for Android O, LineageOS 15 ROMs page. The UNOFFICIAL BQ Aquaris E4.5 LineageOS 13 (krillin) is brought to you by Pablito2020 and the TWRP for Aquaris E4.5 is brought to you by Kra1o5

DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):

If you like Pablito2020’s work and want him to keep up this good work then you can consider a donation to Pablito2020. If you like to support Kra1o5 for the TWRP then consider a donation to Kra1o5.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD AND MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Aquaris E4.5 (krillin) requires an unlocked bootloader, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by YOU.

Status of LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5, Marshmallow ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5 MARSHMALLOW CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 13, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try ROOT guide for SuperSU to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Aquaris E4.5 LineageOS 13 Marshmallow CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5 (krillin) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

• As per Pablito2020, you need to be on stock 4.4 Android Kitkat before updating to this LineageOS 13 ROM.
        – See the following conversation on GitHub

– Thanks to Appel van Kuchen for his information.

• Download and Copy the GApps and LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5 ROM ZIP to your phone.
      • Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow How to update recovery for Aquaris E4.5 (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
      • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
        – Here is a guide explaining data erase guide using recovery.

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
        data backup guide
        Backup the current ROM

• First flash the Aquaris E4.5 LineageOS 13 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
        – Here is a post explaining how to update LineageOS.
      • DO NOT REBOOT YET. Now flash the Marshmallow GApps package.
        – Here is a post explaining Installing GApps using TWRP.
      • Reboot and Enjoy the Marshmallow LineageOS 13 ROM for Aquaris E4.5 (krillin).
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5 (krillin):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Marshmallow with LineageOS 13 for Aquaris E4.5 (krillin). After the installation of Aquaris E4.5 LineageOS 13 (krillin) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 13 Marshmallow ROM.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Aquaris E4.5 (krillin) LineageOS forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 13 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

I just tried the instructions.

What happens is that after flashing the Lineage 13 rom and the marshmallow gapps (pico) Arm(32) the phone keeps restarting itself without booting.

Currently trying with different marshmallow gapps versions
    Will let you know if I have success/failure

Linux User
    Participant

Same problem here.

I even had to initially reflash the stock rom with the SP-flash-tools to get TWRP working. After flashing Lineage 13 and gapps (mini) the e4.5 entered a bootloop.

So unfortunately it is not working. Do you have any advise?

Linux User
    Participant

Same for me. I tried every version of Lineage on Pablito’s site, with and without GApps ARM(32) (Mini). I always end up in a boot loop, the phone restarts itself over and over again. :(

Linux User
    Participant

I found an issue on the github page of pablito2020, which says we need to install Android 4.4 to flash lineage. https://github.com/Pablito2020/android_device_bq_krillin/issues/1

I will try it but it looks like we need to do the following:
    – flash Stock-ROM (Android 4.4: https://storage.googleapis.com/otas/2014/Smartphones/Aquaris_E4.5/bq/1.5.3_20150618-1313_bq-FW.zip)
    – install TWRP (maybe with mtk flash tools)
    – follow the other instructions here or on the github-issue-page

Linux User
    Participant

Thanks @appel_van_kuchen for this important information.

I have updated the above guide accordingly. Also I did not notice that the Aquaris E 4.5 is a Mediatek chipset based device. Updated the Mediatek Recovery update guide too.

Thanks once again.

Linux User
    Participant

I installed TWRP first, than failed to install Stock ROM 4.4 with that, so I managed to use SP Flash tool for Linux to flash Stock ROM 4.4, installed TWRP, installed LineageOS and I’m happy user since.

Have you found reason, why it needs to be flashed over 4.4?

Linux User
    Participant

I’m afraid that I have found some issues:

* bluetooth is not reliable
    * sending SMS doesn’t work for me
    * some application are crashing (Injustice, MobileSync, …)

Linux User
    Participant

I create PR on git with some little fixes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.