Tagged: Android 11, GSI
- This topic is empty.
May 10, 2020 at 11:12 PM #113098SibaKeymaster
Android 11 for Redmi Note 5 Pro is available to download and install. This is basically the Developer preview 3 ported from Pixel 2 but has been ported to work on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
This Android 11 for Redmi Note 5 Pro is brought to you by Erfan Abdi (erfanoabdi). If you appreciate his efforts, you may wish to donate to him.
In this posts I am presenting a step-by-step guide on how to install Android 11 on Redmi Note 5 Pro.To install this Android 11 you need to have an unlock bootloader on the phone.
Make sure you BACKUP all the data and all the partitions of your phone before installing this ROM.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for anything wrong done by you.
Where to Download Android 11 for Redmi Note 5 Pro?
- Android 11 DP3 Download for Redmi Note 5 Pro
- TWRP for Redmi Note 5 Pro
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Xiaomi Bootloader unlock guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ADB and Fastboot installed on your Windows PC or Linux or MAC.
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install Android 11 on Redmi Note 5 Pro?This installation process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
It is not a straight forward task like installing an APK file on Android. Follow this guide to prepare the phone and make the necessary system setup.
- First, Unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 5 Pro
This will delete all the data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data.
– Backup data on Android
- Then, download and install the latest fastboot utility.
Follow the links given in the above downloads section to install and configure Fastboot successfully.
- Download and install the TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
TWRP download link for Redmi Note 5 Pro is given above.
After downloading TWRP, follow the guide given above that explains how to install TWRP.
Install Android 11 on Redmi Note 5 Pro
By now, you should have an unlocked bootloader and a TWRP installed on your Redmi Note 5 Pro phone. Follow the below steps to install Android 11.
– If you have followed the above steps correctly, then you would be running Android 11 on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Download the Android 11 zip file and keep it in your PC or copy it to the phone.
- Boot into the TWRP recovery mode.
Press and hold the Power button + Volume Up button to boot into recovery mode.
– If you don’t have the TWRP recovery in this mode, then you might have done something wrong while flashing it in the previous step!
Flash the TWRP again and come back here.
- Wipe system, data, and cache partition from the TWRP recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB sideload the Android 11 zip file
just flash the zip using TWRP or any other recovery.
- Once done reboot the phone normally.
Once installed, Redmi Note 5 Pro, you may want to ROOT or in stall GCam on the phone. You may get relevant information regarding this in the below sections.
How to Get GCam for Redmi Note 5 Pro on Android 11?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with Android 11 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of GCam APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.
Other Android 11 or 10 Downloads
Android 11 is highly unstable at this moment because this is a developer preview build. So, if you want to switch back to Android 10 on Redmi Note 5 Pro, then below are some of the custom ROMs available:
- LineageOS 17.1 download
- Android 10 download
- Bliss ROM Android 10 download
- RR Android 10 download
That’s all on installing Android 11 on Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you face any issues while following this guide or unable to flash or the Android 11 is not booting or something like that then, you can always leave a reply to get a response from the users.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.