Tagged: Android Oreo, AOSP ROM, tank0412, Zenfone 5
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 7 months ago by shibaa987.
August 28, 2017 at 1:05 PM #24621shibaa987Moderator
Android Oreo AOSP ROM for Zenfone 5 (T00F/G) is now available via a development version. This Zenfone 5 Oreo ROM (Android Oreo 8.0) is brought to you by developer tank0412. Zenfone 5 Users must be thankful to the developers for their priceless efforts and lightning fast development.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider a donation towards the hard work for the developer:
– Donate to tank0412DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL DEVELOPMENT BUILD OF ANDROID OREO (Android 8.0), WHICH IS BOOTING BUT IT HAS MANY BUGS AND CANNOT BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER. BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Zenfone 5 requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Zenfone 5 Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Wi-FiKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE Zenfone 5 OREO 8.0 AOSP ROM:
- Unlocked bootloader might be required
- A Windows/Linux/MAC PC installed with fastboot.
You may follow the appropriate guide if you don’t have one:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– fastboot installation guide for Lineux/MAC
- ROM Download link to Android Oreo ROM for Zenfone 5 (these files are in img extension and have to be flashed through fastboot)
- GApps for Android Oreo 8.0
- Enable ROOT on Zenfone 5 Oreo ROM
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE ANDROID OREO FOR Zenfone 5 (ANDROID OREO 8.0, AOSP ROM):
Follow this to update Android Oreo on Zenfone 5 for the first time or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into fastboot mode by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone to enter into fastboot mode.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Download the Zenfone 5 Android Oreo system and boot image file and a suitable Android Oreo Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy the files to phone.
– You have to unzip the system-o-280817.zip file to get the system.img which can be flashed through fastboot
- First flash the Zenfone 5 Android Oreo image files using fastboot
– Use the following command(s) to flash the images:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
- Now flash the Android Oreo Google Apps package. [OPTIONAL FOR NOW]
– Here is a post explaining how to flash Oreo GApps using TWRP recovery.
Upgrading from earlier version of AOSP Android Oreo ROM for Zenfone 5:
- If the files are in .img extension then repeat the same process as above.
Reboot to system after flashing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Android Oreo ROM for Zenfone 5. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.There is no inbuilt ROOT functionality available on this ROM.
To root this Zenfone 5 Oreo AOSP ROM, install the SuperSU package and then Profit !!!Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Zenfone 5 forum For other Android Oreo ROMs, Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
If you have found any problem or BUG in this ROM, you can reach out the developer at XDA and here is the development thread for ASUS Zenfone 5 Oreo ROM.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.