Android 14 download is now available and we have seen some development around the same. This time it is the Android 14 for Poco X3 Pro.
Poco X3 Pro was launched with Android 11; which means the Poco X3 Pro may or may not receive the official MIUI Android 14 in future.
This is where the custom ROM such as this AOSP Android 14 ROM for Poco X3 Pro is great if you have ever wished to upgrade it to the latest Android
What Works on AOSP Android 14 on Poco X3 Pro?
What doesn’t work?
How to Install Android 14 on Poco X3 Pro
Below is the step-by-step guide to install the AOSP Android 14 ROM on your Poco X3 Pro.
- Download the AOSP Android 14 ROM for Poco X3 Pro and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC (if you intend to install using ADB sideload)
- Download links are available in the below download section.
- Unlock bootloader on Poco X3 Pro
- Download and install the ADB Fastboot utility on your PC.
- Download the recovery for Poco X3 Pro
- Reboot the phone into fastboot mode (press both Power + Volume Down keys) and then flash the recovery.img using the below command line
fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox-vayu..*.img or twrp-..*-vayu.img
- Now, download AOSP Android 14 ROM file for Poco X3 Pro
- Enter into recovery mode and Wipe data, Cache, System and system partition.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Then use Apply zip from ADB (which is ADB sideload)
- Open a cmd window and execute the below command to flash the ROM
adb sideload aospa_vayu..*.zip
- Use ADB Sideload to install the Android 14 ROM zip file.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 14 on Poco X3 Pro.
NOTE: This ROM already has GApps built-in. You DO NOT need to flash any Android 14 GApps.
Google Camera for Poco X3 Pro on Android 14
That’s all for now on this Android 14 build for Poco X3 Pro. As I have mentioned right on top of this guide that this device will NOT be upgraded to official Android 14, hence, custom ROM is the only way to upgrade to latest Android version.
Meanwhile, if some other Android 14 custom ROM comes for this, I will keep you guys posted either here or on other separate post.
That’s all for now. If you face any problem, or if you find anything missing in these instructions, do let me know in the comment section and I will try to fix it ASAP.