Vivo V27 Pro GCam port is now available to download for the phone. This is a midrange phone with a decent hardware spec that comes with a Mediatek Dimensity 8200 chipset.
It comes with a triple camera setup, out of which the primary camera is 50 MP, an 8 MP ultrawide and a 2 MP telephoto lens. The stock camera captures decent photos but not like the pro grade on GCam APK mod.
In this article you will find the best working gcam port for Vivo V27 Pro including xml or agc config files if anything is available.
Available version of GCam
With every Android major version update we get a major update of the Google camera as well. With the recent release of Android 13 we have got the GCam 8.7 as the latest version to date.
In between, there are some minor version release of the GCam also comes, so I am listing out all available versions of GCam for Vivo V27 Pro so that you can get to know when we have an update, right from the below list.
- GCam 9.2 (Latest Version)
- GCam 8.7 (RECOMMENDED)
- GCam 8.6
- GCam 8.1 (RECOMMENDED)
Compatibility Status of GCam on Vivo V27 Pro
- All basic features
What’s not working?
- Nothing reported yet
Where to Download GCam port for Vivo V27 Pro?
As mentioned in the list of compatible Google Camera apks for Vivo V27 Pro, here are the direct download links for the same.
|Android 13 and up
|21st February 2024
How to Install GCam APK on Vivo V27 Pro?
- Download any compatible GCam for Vivo V27 Pro from the download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
- For Android 10 or later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the APK file.
- For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded Gcam port apk to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera on your Vivo V27 Pro phone.
Troubleshooting GCam Issues
In case you have found any issue with the given Google Camera mod then leave a comment so that we can find out a solution for you!
You can also visit our known issues list for google camera which lists some known issues on this Gcam port, which might be helpful as well.
Stock Vivo Camera vs GCam on Vivo V27 Pro
The default camera that comes on the phone and the Google Camera port has significant differences to consider which one to use and where! To be able to take a wise decision on different occasions, I will list down all the similarities and/or differences between these two camera apps.
Let’s have a look at the below detailed section so that you can understand things in a better way.
What’s better on the Vivo camera?
Well, the default camera app that comes on the Vivo phone is loaded with so many features that the GCam does not have.
Let’s have a look at the below features that is available on Vivo V27 Pro stock Camera:
- Pro mode on the the stock camera app is available for photo as well as video mode. In addition, it also has a pro sport mode that is capable of speed moving images or videos.
- This provides common controls such as Shutter speed, ISO control etc. but not like the way the TRUE pro level features that comes on MIUI camera.
- Better compatibility with all camera sensors
- Allows to capture in highest resolution each sensor supports such as 50MP, 64MP etc.
- Separate Astro mode, Ultra HD document scanning mode, super moon mode etc.
Advantages of using Google camera / GCam on Vivo V27 Pro
People know the GCam app from couple of years since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the Vivo V27 Pro:
- With Night Sight mode you get better exposed low light images from the camera.
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in thia features list.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- HDR+ brings much images in a condition where you have much brighter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect with GCam’s portrait mode.
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
- GCam in most cases captures natural looking pictures
NOTE: Even if it has so many good features, the color reproduction of the Vivo camera app is not scalable to that of GCam.
Disadvantages of GCam
- Finding the right gcam port for Vivo V27 Pro is neither a straight forward task nor easy
- Not all compatible mods available are specifically tuned for the Vivo V27 Pro. It is possible that some or other features of GCam might be working might not be working as intended.
- The stock camera app has a pro mode for photo which does not exist on Google Camera mod.
- Sometimes not all cameras available to use.
- May require advanced settings to use the high resolution mode on the primary camera.
How to Enable Cinematic Mode on Vivo V27 Pro GCam v8.7
Cinematic mode was a signature feature on the Pixel 7 series phones but now this can be used on Vivo V27 Pro as well. This is known to work on BSG GCam 8.7; not known about other GCam ports.
To enable that follow the below instructions:
- Pull the settings scree then click on More Settings
- Then click on Configuration of modes
- Then under General, select the interface as Pixel 7 Pro (cheetah)
- Close the GCam and restart it.
- Scroll to your right to see the Cinematic video recording mode on Vivo V27 Pro GCam port.
Of course GCam is good but that does not mean the Vivo camera is bad. GCam provides better image quality, and it has several features of its own which out performs the stock camera app.
But Vivo’s stock camera also has some good features which cannot be overlooked such as the Pro feature, better hardware compatibility etc.
Summarizing it all, GCam will not replace the stock Vivo camera rather both the camera apps can be installed on the same phone and you can use each app for which it better suits to your needs.
New features and updates of the GCam APK keep coming, hence there could be many versions of the GCam ports available for the Vivo V27 or Pro today and in future. This page will always list all the compatible Google Camera versions for the phone.
You can visit the Vivo GCam port download page to get all compatible google camera ports for other Vivo phones.