TWRP for Zenfone 5Z is now available to download from TWRP builder as an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP on Zenfone 5Z and ROOT Zenfone 5Z (using TWRP recovery).
After installing TWRP recovery on Zenfone 5Z you can install many android mods such as google camera (gcam) apk, enable navigation gesture, enable face unlock, viper4android audio enhancement etc. and many more.
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIAL TWRP FOR Zenfone 5Z. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK[/su_note] [su_note note_color=”#FBF4DD” text_color=”#A38C68″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””]INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Zenfone 5Z NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Zenfone 5Z.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.[/su_note] [su_note note_color=”#F9D9D9″ text_color=”#AA4343″ radius=”3″ class=”” id=””] You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Asus Zenfone 5Z :
– TWRP version: for Asus Zenfone 5Z
– Supported Android Version: Unknown
– Built from: OmniROM AOSP sources
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP based Android ROMs
Asus Zenfone 5Z TWRP DOWNLOAD, OTHER REQUIRED DOWNLOADS, AND GUIDES:
- Zenfone 5Z Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- USB drivers
- TWRP download for Zenfone 5Z
- Force Encryption disabler download | Modified Force Encryption for Max M2
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
Below are the download links and guides to install:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Ulocked bootloader on the Zenfone 5Z
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON Asus Zenfone 5Z USING FASTBOOT:
- Download the TWRP recovery image to be installed on your Android. Make sure that the TWRP recovery is meant for your Android device ONLY.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options. If you don’t know how to do this then here is How to Enable Developer Options and How to Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options.
- Install ADB and Fastboot utility on your PC or MAC. Follow the appropriate guide to install Fastboot according to the OS that you use:
-The 15 seconds adb installer and the minimal adb fastboot installer for Windows
– ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Linux and MAC.
- Go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP image file and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC. To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows Explorer or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your Android to the PC using a USB cable.
- Enter the following command on the command window opened:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your Android into bootloader mode where you can flash/install the TWRP recovery.
If your Android device asks permission such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your Android is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Wait for the TWRP to be flashed. Once it is done reboot the phone.
After executing all the above steps in order, your Android will have the TWRP installed. If you want some more TWRP guides, like how to wipe data or other partitions using TWRP or how to take backup using TWRP then the following links will help you:
– How to wipe Android partitions using TWRP
– How to take NANDROID backup using TWRP
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Asus Zenfone 5Z then, you can log in and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.