LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X is now available to download and install from a developer build. This step by step guide explains how to install Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer svlog.
Follow the links to get other Android 10 builds such as: Lineage OS 17.1 and Android 10 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to svlog and LineageOS project:
– donation to svlog
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF LineageOS 17.1 FOR Nexus 5X, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Where to download LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X?
- [button anchor=”LineageOS 17.1 Download” url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261745222″ size=”medium” style=”metro” color=”happiness”]
- Nexus 5X TWRP Download for Nexus 5X
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Nexus 5X unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
It is strongly recommended that you install the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 ROM build.
Status of the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 ROM
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X?
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM.
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 ROM file and the GApps to your phone.
- Install the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X (bullhead)
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Nexus 5X
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Nexus 5X LineageOS 17.1 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17.1
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Nexus 5X you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting
Where to Download Google Camera for Nexus 5x LineageOS 17.1?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)