Realme C15 GCam port is now available for the phone to download. This is a budget phone which runs on Mediatek Helio G35 or Snapdragon 460 chipset.
Because of the limitation of the chipsets, most of the GCam ports may not work but I have listed the GCam go APK which will still provide features of the original one.
It comes with a quad camera setup with a 13MP wide camera sensor, 8MP ultrawide sensor, 2MP B/W sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. Of course Realme’s stock camera produces decent photos but still the GCam APK on Realme C15 captures somewhat better photos in portrait mode, Night Sight mode etc.
In this article you will find the best working gcam port for Realme C15 including xml or agc config files if anything is available.
Available GCam versions for Realme C15
With every Android major version update we get a major update of the Google camera as well. With the recent release of Android 14 we have got the GCam 9.1 and later as the latest version to date. Here we have a working port of GCam 9.2 for Realme C15.
In between, there are some minor version release of the GCam also come, so I am listing out all available versions of GCam ports for the phone.
- GCam port 9.2 (Latest Version)
- GCam port 8.1 (RECOMMENDED)
- Camera Go 3.x
- Camera Go with Night mode
Compatibility Status of GCam on Realme C15
- All basic features
What’s not working?
- Nothing reported yet
Where to Download the Realme C15 GCam port?
As mentioned in the list of compatible Google Camera apk for Realme C15, here are the direct download links for the same.
|Android 10 and later
|20th February 2024
How to Install Google Camera on Realme C15?
- Download any compatible GCam for Realme C15 from the download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
- For Android 10 or later version, enable Install Unknown Apps per app, I mean you need to enable this from the app you are going to install the APK file.
- For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded Gcam port apk to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera on your Realme C15 phone.
Troubleshooting GCam Issues
In case you have found any issue with the given Google Camera mod then leave a comment so that we can find out a solution for you!
You can also visit our known issues list for google camera which lists some known issues on this Gcam port, which might be helpful as well.
Realme Stock Camera vs GCam port on Realme C15
Realme’s default camera that comes on the phone and the Google Camera (GCam) port has significant differences to consider which one to use and where! To be able to take a wise decision on different situations, I will list down all the similarities and/or differences between these two camera apps.
Let’s have a look at the below detailed section so that you can understand things in a better way.
What’s better on the Realme camera?
Well, the default camera app that comes on the phone is equally good and provides several features that the GCam does not have.
Let’s have a look at the below features that is available on Realme C15’s default Camera:
- Pro mode on the the stock Realme camera app is available for photo and Night mode but not available for video.
- This provides common controls such as Shutter speed, ISO control etc. but not like the way the TRUE pro level features that comes on MIUI camera.
- Ultra Res photo mode (only on supported phones)
- Allows to capture in highest resolution each sensor supports such as 50MP
- Better compatibility with all camera sensors
- Macro mode allows to capture close-up photos
- The filter mode allows to apply filters so that you can create artificial good looking images
- Some supported models has the RAW capture similar to GCam port
Advantages of using Google camera / GCam on Realme C15
People know the GCam app from couple of years since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the Realme C15:
- With Night Sight mode you get better exposed low light images from the camera.
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in thia features list.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- HDR+ brings much images in a condition where you have much brighter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect on the portrait mode.
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
- GCam in most cases captures natural looking pictures
Disadvantages of GCam
- Finding the right gcam port for Realme C15 is neither a straight forward task nor easy
- Not all compatible mods available are specifically tuned for the Realme C15. It is possible that some or other features of GCam might be working might not be working as intended.
- The stock Realme camera app has a pro mode for photo as well as Night mode which does not exist on Google Camera mod.
- Sometimes not all cameras are available to use.
- May require advanced settings to use the high resolution mode on the primary camera.
Of course GCam is good but that does not mean the Realme’s camera app is bad. The GCam provides better image quality, with several features of its own which out performs the stock camera app.
But Realme’s stock camera also has some good features which cannot be overlooked such as the Pro feature, better hardware compatibility etc.
Summarizing it all, GCam will not replace the Realme camera rather both the camera apps can be installed on the same phone and you can use each app for which it better suits to your needs.
New features and updates of the GCam app keep coming, hence there could be many versions of the GCam ports available for the Realme C15 today and in future. This page will always list all the compatible Google Camera versions for the phone.
You can visit the Realme GCam ports page to download compatible google camera ports for other Realme phones.