Tagged: Maherabed1986, Nokia, ROOT, TWRP
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 6 months ago by derbx.
July 17, 2018 at 5:18 PM #40685shibaa987Moderator
TWRP for Nokia 6.1 (quazer) is now available from an unofficial build. this post guides you how to download and install TWRP for Nokia 6.1 and also guides you how to ROOT Nokia 6.1 (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP download for Nokia 6.1 is brought to you by developer(s) Maherabed1986DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIAL TWRP FOR Nokia 6.1. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Nokia 6.1 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Nokia 6.1.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
Nokia 6.1 ROOT MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ANDROID ROOT BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Nokia 6.1:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 8.0
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP or AOSP based Android Oreo 8.0 ROM
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Nokia 6.1, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Nokia 6.1 Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- ADB and Fastboot utility.Below are the download links and guides to install:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Ulocked bootloader on the Nokia 6.1- Bootloader unlock guide for Nokia 6.1
- USB drivers
- – TWRP download for Nokia 6.1 Global June
– TWRP download for Nokia 6.1 Global July
– TWRP download for Nokia 6.1 Global August
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TWRP FOR Nokia 6.1:
- Connect the Nokia 6.1 to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Nokia 6.1 into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Nokia 6.1
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Nokia 6.1 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.- To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Nokia 6.1.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Nokia 6.1
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Nokia 6.1.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Nokia 6.1. You may now want to ROOT Nokia 6.1 or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Nokia 6.1:
- You can enable Nokia 6.1 ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Nokia 6.1
- You can install some of the mods available for Nokia 6.1
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Nokia 6.1.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Nokia 6.1 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR Nokia 6.1 ROOT GUIDE:
- Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for Nokia 6.1
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT for Nokia 6.1. The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT on Nokia 6.1.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Nokia 6.1 or one of the following:
- Download link for Latest SuperSU zip file
- Download link for STABLE SuperSU zip file
- Download link for SuperSU BETA zip file
- Download link to SuperSU APK Free version
- Download link to SuperSU APK Pro version
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file
- The Nokia 6.1 will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Nokia 6.1 using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Nokia 6.1. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Nokia 6.1 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Nokia 6.1, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Nokia 6.1 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Nokia 6.1 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Nokia 6.1 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Nokia 6.1 or to following the Nokia 6.1 root guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nokia 6.1 (quazer) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKSeptember 27, 2018 at 9:50 PM #53268derbxMember
Hello! the TWRP link is broken.
Thanks for this guide. Once rebooted with adp I couldn’t find the nokia though on devices (even after killing and launching the adp server).
Thanks for the great job, eventually we’ll get there :P
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.