September 22, 2019 at 6:57 PM #98605SibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for HTC U Ultra is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
– USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
– Audio (Top speaker)
– Video Playback
– Touch screen
– Fingerprint Sensor
– Double Tap to Wake (Only supported on DUGL variant for now!)
– Secondary Screen (now it’s working as a “Notch/Cutout” like other devices!, this area is now status bar)KNOWN ISSUES:
– RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
– Camera / Camcorder
– Type-C Headphone Audio
– Hardware Encryption
– Stereo Speaker
– GNSS GPS (NOT TESTED)
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 FOR HTC U Ultra?
- Stock Oreo firmware is needed to install LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra
- ROM Download link of HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17.1 and 17
- HTC U Ultra TWRP Download (oce) for this HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 ROM
- LineageOS 17 GApps Download
- How to Root LineageOS 17
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on HTC U Ultra?
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for HTC U Ultra and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for HTC U Ultra
- Wipe the data, and Cache partition from TWRP.
- Format data from TWRP (this is required when coming from stock firmware!))
- Install the HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra (oce):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for HTC U Ultra
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on HTC U Ultra.
How to ROOT HTC U Ultra on Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing HTC U Ultra LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the HTC U Ultra (oce) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.