Tagged: Android Oreo, LineageOS 15, luca020400, LuK1337, Mi 5s
Android Oreo 8.0 ROM, LineageOS 15 for Mi 5s has now arrived via a development build. If you want the OFFICIAL LineageOS update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the LineageOS 15 Android Oreo ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page. This LineageOS 15 for Mi 5s (capricorn) is brought to you by developer LuK1337 and luca020400.
If you like this ROM then do consider a contribution to LuK1337 and luca020400 for his efforts:
Donate to LuK1337
Donate to luca020400
– Here is theTWRP update guide for the Xiaomi Mi 5s. This TWRP recovery guide requires an unlocked bootloader on the Xiaomi Mi 5s.
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS 15 Rooting guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.0 with LineageOS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 5s. After the installation of LineageOS 15 for Xiaomi Mi 5s you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to ROOT LineageOS 15.
If you find any BUGs or if you have any issues on this ROM then here is the development thread.
Where can I find changelog?