Tagged: Android Pie, haggertk, LineageOS 16, Samsung
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 7 months ago by Siba.
October 17, 2018 at 1:51 PM #56296SibaKeymaster
As I already told that LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Korea was on the way, but today here it is. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Korea. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Korea, with a step-by-step guide.
Follow the links to get other LineageOS 16 and Android Pie ROM builds.
This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Korea is brought to you by developer haggertk.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to haggertk and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for haggertk
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy S5 Korea LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy S5 Korea may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy S5 Korea LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S5 Korea ON LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP for Galaxy S5 Korea (kltekor) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery on Samsung
- ROM Download link of Galaxy S5 Korea LineageOS 16 ROM by haggertk
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S5 Korea – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy S5 Korea LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy S5 Korea LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Korea for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S5 Korea LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Korea.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Galaxy S5 Korea LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S5 Korea LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Korea (kltekor):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Korea.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Korea, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S5 Korea.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Korea, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Korea, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Korea.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Korea you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 Korea (kltekor) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.