Tagged: Galaxy S5, GMCadiom, k3gxx, Lineage OS, Lineage OS 14.1, PlayfulGod
- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 6 months ago by GaibyStar.
March 22, 2017 at 8:20 AM #15801shibaa987Moderator
Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Exynos has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you are looking for all other Nougat ROMs for Galaxy S5 then here is a list of available All Nougat ROMs for Galaxy S5. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL LineageOS build then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. This Galaxy S5 Exynos LineageOS 14.1 is brought to you by developer GMCadiom and one of the recovery is brought to you by PlayfulGod
DONATION TO DEVELOPER:
There is no donation information available for GMCadiom but if you like PlayfulGod’s work for the TWRP recoveries then do consider a donation to PlayfulGod.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy S5 Exynos (k3gxx, SM-G900H) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Exynos (k3gxx, SM-G900H) Nougat 7.1 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Exynos NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:
- Latest FW and baseband
- TWRP download link for Galaxy S5 Exynos by GMCadiom [USE THIS RECOVERY PRIMARILY]
TWRP download link (.tar) | TWRP download link (.img) for Galaxy S5 Exynos by PlayfulGod [USE THESE RECOVERIES IF THE ABOVE DOES NOT WORK]
– Here is: Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Samsung Galaxy S5 Exynos (This guide is only for .tar or .tar.md5 TWRP file)
– To flash .img file you can follow this TWRP update guide using fastboot or you can use Flashify to update the .img TWRP. [YOUR DEVICE MIGHT NEED TO BE BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS]
- ROM Download Link of Galaxy S5 Exynos LineageOS 14.1 ROM (k3gxx, SM-G900H)
- LineageOS 14.1 GApps download link for Galaxy S5 Exynos LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 ROM
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy S5 Exynos LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Exynos (k3gxx, SM-G900H) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Exynos ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Galaxy S5 Exynos (k3gxx, SM-G900H) (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Galaxy S5 Exynos LineageOS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS.
- DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the LineageOS 14.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash LineageOS 14.1 GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy S5 Exynos (k3gxx, SM-G900H).
Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy S5 Exynos LineageOS 14.1 (k3gxx, SM-G900H):
- Copy the latest LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Exynos ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS.
- Then flash the LineageOS 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5 Exynos (k3gxx, SM-G900H). After the installation of Galaxy S5 Exynos LineageOS 14.1 ROM (k3gxx, SM-G900H) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 Exynos (k3gxx, SM-G900H) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKMay 22, 2017 at 9:19 AM #19395asdassanMember
IT IS NOT WORKING FOR ME. AFTER FLASH IS DONE, I REBOOTED AND WAITED 25 MINS. NOTHING BUT DARKNESS.June 10, 2017 at 6:34 PM #21337HappyAndroid-userMember
I’ve tried to flash this rom, step by step.
And got the same result as “asdassan”
Can add any sugestion to prevent this?
Thanks in advance.December 8, 2018 at 8:26 AM #62498GaibyStarMember
No SIM card detected and i sure could not go on to testing other features….any ideas on how to fix such error
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.