LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy J5, Android 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy J5 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL LineageOS build then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. This Galaxy J5 LineageOS 14.1 is brought to you by developer SoUnd001 and all the Galaxy J5 TWRP recovery brought to you by developer Nick Verse

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx, j5nltexx, j5lteub, j5ltedx) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy J5 Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy J5 Nougat 7.1 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy J5 NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy J5 LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx, j5nltexx, j5lteub, j5ltedx) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy J5 LineageOS 14.1 (j5ltexx, j5nltexx, j5lteub, j5ltedx):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx, j5nltexx, j5lteub, j5ltedx). After the installation of Galaxy J5 LineageOS 14.1 ROM (j5ltexx, j5nltexx, j5lteub, j5ltedx) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx, j5nltexx, j5lteub, j5ltedx) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

The dev thread by SoUnd001 is here.

Linux User
    Participant

Good afternoon, I have a problem with the final result of the migration of my samsun galaxy sm-j500m lte 6.0.1, copying number MMB29M.J500MUBU1BPF3, to lineage 14.1.

I downloaded:
    the correct version of lineage you for my j500m
    The gapps nougat 7.1 peak version
    The supper

Put my factory phone and re-passed the original rom, then put the recovery TWRP, enter for recovery and I made the corresponding wipe, then from the external SD in an opportunity “and another time from the memory of the phone” Install the lineage and without restarting you install the gapps, then restart the phone and do not pass the samsung logo and the screen turns green and is illuminating.

I would like to know that I am doing wrong or that this is happening to me.

The phone does not have root access when installing lineage and gapps

Linux User
    Participant

Hi jose puello, I am little bit confused. Did the phone boot or did not boot at all??
    When I read this “The phone does not have root access when installing lineage and gapps” I thought that the phone booted into Lineage OS 14.1 but there was no SU in the ROM.

If the phone booted to Lineage OS 14.1 and there is no SU then you can follow the following guide:
    How to ROOT Lineage OS 14.1 ROM

But when I read the following line: “then restart the phone and do not pass the samsung logo” I thought that the phone did not boot at all to Lineage OS 14.1.
    If your phone had not booted ever to Lineage OS 14.1 then verify what custom recovery are you using?? Are you using the latest Stock FW, baseband and the Latest TWRP recovery that is placed in the downloads section??

Linux User
    Participant

Good morning friend shibaa987

I will try to be as specific and detailed as possible to manage the problem and solution.

First I will answer your questions as you were doing:

1.-Did the phone boot or did not boot at all??

YES, the phone starts, but it stays in the word samsung in black screen and there it is without animation and the screen is illuminated, and it does not continue from that point.

2.-The phone does not have root access when……………..

To this I was referring to the fact that the phone did not have root access when installing LINEAGE 14.1 for recovery.

3.- If the phone booted to Lineage OS 14.1 and there is no SU…..

no the phone did not booted to Lineage OS 14.1

4.- But when I read the following line: “then restart……

No the phone did not boot at all to Lineage OS 14.1

5.- Now you ask me:
    what custom recovery are you using??
    Are you using the latest Stock FW??
    baseband??
    the Latest TWRP recovery that is placed in the downloads section??

I’m using twrp 3.0.2-0

I’m using android stok 6.0.1 ,It is not the FW that came to me with the phone since, he brought lollipop 5.1

the latest baseband?? How do I know I have the last??

the TWRP placed en the downloads section Not work for me, because it does not go into recovery mode it stays frozen on black screen with samsung logo.

I think it was extensive and I tried not to miss anything, can you help me with this data? What do you think I’m doing wrong?

Note: I read in an external post to this page that should be done from lollipot and you have to put a patch, but since they do not talk about that and this is the official page so I ask the question.

thanks for answering

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Jose,

I think this is the patch that you need to flash after flashing the Lineage OS 14.1.

Link to patch: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B0oDxvfXFAdxYWJjTFNpenE4M2M

Let me know if you get this ROM booting.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, I find this googling and want to tell that: You need to flash lollipop firmware before installing to work. You’re stuck on green screen because incompatibility of TWRP. Nick Verse recovery is intended to work with lollipop bootloader, the correct for marshmallow devices is from dev Ganesh Varma. New Roms for j5 2015 are intended to boot from lollipop bootloader. Devs are doing this way and don’t know if they’ll work on marshmallow bootloader. That’s why you cannot boot directly, because your base firmware is marshmallow.So you could flash in Odin the lollipop bootloader, then TWRP from Nick verse and then finally Lineage14. Or you could mod boot.img, change dtb file, edit ramdisk if you have the skills and boot directly over marshmallow bootloader. You will have some issues like brightness not working and others I don’t tested enough yet. I’m gonna give a chance to this. TY

Linux User
    Participant

A previous Lineage 14 running over marshmallow firmware.

Linux User
    Participant

Hello! I have marshallow in my phone, after install the rom in twrp, i reboot the phone and the logo screen is starting discolor and lining (look like broken screen). Anyone know what is the problem?

J500FN

Linux User
    Participant

link del modelo J500M borrado podrian realzar?

Linux User
    Participant

que version de TWRP USAS?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.