Tagged: Boulaxx, CarlosArriagaCM, fortuna3g, Galaxy Grand Prime, Has.007, Hassan Sardar, Lineage OS, Lineage OS 14.1
- This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 10 months ago by waitand.
March 26, 2017 at 9:44 PM #16166
Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL LineageOS build then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 ROM Devices list page. This Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 is brought to you by developer CarlosArriagaCM, Hassan Sardar (Has.007) and another build is brought to you by Boulaxx.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER:
If you like this LineageOS 14.1 for Grand Prime, then do consider a contribution:
Donate to CarlosArriagaCMDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE MANY MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of LineageOS for Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) Nougat 7.1 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:
- Latest stock FW and baseband
- TWRP download link for Galaxy Grand Prime
– Here is: Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (This guide is only for .tar or .tar.md5 TWRP file)
– To flash .img file you can follow this TWRP update guide using fastboot or you can use Flashify to update the .img TWRP. [YOUR DEVICE MIGHT NEED TO BE BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS]
- ROM Download Link of Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 ROM (by Boulaxx)
- ROM Download Link of Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 ROM (by CarlosArriagaCM)
- ROM Download Link of Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 ROM (by Hassan Sardar/Has.007)
Which codename to choose for which device??
– fortuna3g (530H – XXU frimware)
– fortuneve3g (530H – XCU frimware)
– fortunafz (G530FZ)
Thanks to Guga Figueiredo for his valuable finding.
- LineageOS 14.1 GApps download link for Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 ROM
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and LineageOS for Galaxy Grand Prime ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the LineageOS 14.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash LineageOS 14.1 GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H).
Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 (fortuna3g, SM-G530H):
- Copy the latest LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Then flash the LineageOS 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H). After the installation of Galaxy Grand Prime LineageOS 14.1 ROM (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy Grand Prime (fortuna3g, SM-G530H) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Development thread of LineageOS for Grand prime by Boulaxx is here.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKApril 17, 2017 at 10:06 AM #17796Animesh BagdiMember
plzz port this to core prime 3g :)June 10, 2017 at 12:16 AM #21249Mr JotaMember
My phone is in trouble, it is difficult to turn on the screen but when it lights it works normallyJune 18, 2017 at 4:21 PM #22110
[quote quote=21249]My phone is in trouble, it is difficult to turn on the screen but when it lights it works normally
What exactly is the problem on your phone?? Does it have difficulties turning on while the screen is off, that’s what are you saying??
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKJuly 14, 2017 at 5:55 PM #23928Guga FigueiredoMember
I’ve got a broken camera after flashing lineageOS 14.1. “Can’t connect to camera” msg. I tried 3rd party apps, some restarting camera solutions from online tutorials, reflashing LOS 14.1, but to no avail. camera works fine in lollipop stock rom. Only rear camera effected. Front camera worked fine. Any suggestions?July 17, 2017 at 11:05 AM #23940shiaroMember
Hello, I admire your work and I would like to test it on my smartphone, but I have some unknowns that need to be clarified to give way.
Does this work with the G532M? (Samsung J2 Prime or Grand Prime +)
I will apply the ROM for daily use, will the ROM give me some kind of problem?
Do you work with all networks? (Including 4G and LTE)July 17, 2017 at 5:14 PM #23941Guga FigueiredoMember
Answering my own question from before, turns out I was missing information.
My problem was due to baseband version. There are 3 builds available for the G530H model, each with a particular codename that match a specific baseband code. I didn’t know about this. So if someone else is having this problem, and is ill informed as I was, this may be the issue.
My phone is XCU baseband, so I needed fortunave3g build. You can find more about this on XDA-forums master thread on this device
To find your baseband version one can go to settings>device info, basband should be right above kernel version and will look something like: G530H ### *****
You need to know whats on that ### portion of the baseband code. In my case it was G530HXCU*****July 18, 2017 at 3:48 PM #23959
Thanks for your input. I have updated the same in the Downloads section, which in turn will help other users.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKSeptember 26, 2017 at 9:23 PM #25755Lukas01Member
@guga_figueroa la mia termina en g530hxxu2bpi2
cual seria la rom correcta que tendria que instalar?
Agradeceria su ayudaMay 26, 2018 at 4:09 AM #37508Brian CisnerosMember
Hi! Does this build work on G531M?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.