June 6, 2018 at 1:49 PM #38368shibaa987Moderator
TWRP recovery download for Redmi Y1 Lite (ugglite) is now available from an official build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Redmi Y1 Lite and ROOT Redmi Y1 Lite (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP build for Redmi Y1 Lite is brought to you by developer(s) darshan1205DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Redmi Y1 Lite. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT Redmi Y1 Lite NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING Redmi Y1 Lite MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD FOR Redmi Y1 Lite, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Connect the Redmi Y1 Lite to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloaader of Redmi Y1 Lite
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery for Redmi Y1 Lite and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.- To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP recovery on Redmi Y1 Lite.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP recovery for Redmi Y1 Lite
- Wait for the fastboot command to install TWRP on Redmi Y1 Lite.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Redmi Y1 Lite. You may now want to ROOT Redmi Y1 Lite or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Redmi Y1 Lite:
- You can root the Redmi Y1 Lite
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi Y1 Lite
– LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi Y1 Lite
- You can install some of the mods available on Redmi Y1 Lite
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Redmi Y1 Lite.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Redmi Y1 Lite then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Redmi Y1 Lite ROOTING:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file to Redmi Y1 Lite. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Redmi Y1 Lite to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Redmi Y1 Lite, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have ROOT on Redmi Y1 Lite.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Redmi Y1 Lite or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Redmi Y1 Lite then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.