Tagged: Motorola, TWRP & ROOT
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 7 months ago by shibaa987.
October 5, 2018 at 3:38 PM #54381shibaa987Moderator
TWRP for Moto X Force (kinzie) is now available to download from an unofficial build. This post guides how to install TWRP on Moto X Force and ROOT Moto X Force (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP download for Moto X Force is brought to you by developer(s) techmizanDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Moto X Force. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP EVERYTHING.
INSTALLING TWRP RECOVERY REQUIRES AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Moto X Force.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING Moto X Force MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Moto X Force, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Moto X Force Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed.
- ADB and Fastboot utility. below are the download links and guides to install:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB and fastboot for Linux
– ADB and fastboot for MAC
- Ulocked bootloader on the Moto X Force
– Here is how to unlock bootloader on Moto X Force
- Motorola USB drivers
- TWRP recovery Download for Moto X Force
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Moto X Force:
That’s all. You should now have installed the TWRP recovery on Moto X Force.
- Connect the Moto X Force to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloader of Moto X Force
- Download the Moto X Force TWRP recovery to an easily accessible folder.
- Then, on your PC, go to the folder where you have downloaded the TWRP for Moto X Force and then open the command console or a terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder.
– Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Start the phone in bootloader mode.
– Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Moto X Force.
– If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img– While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Moto X Force
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Moto X Force.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
You may now want to ROOT Moto X Force or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP on Moto X Force:
- You can enable How to root Moto X Force
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Moto X Force
- You can install some of the mods available for Moto X Force
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Moto X Force.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Moto X Force then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Moto X Force:Make sure you have already installed TWRP on Moto X Force and hence I believe unlocked the bootloader.
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT access on Moto X Force.
– The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT on Moto X Force.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Moto X Force or one of the following:
- Download link for Latest SuperSU zip file
- Download link for STABLE SuperSU zip file
- Download link for SuperSU BETA zip file
- Download link to SuperSU APK Free version
- Download link to SuperSU APK Pro version
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file
- The Moto X Force will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Moto X Force using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file to Moto X Force.
The required files can be downloaded from the above downloads section
- Next restart the Moto X Force to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the Magisk zip file or select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Moto X Force ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Moto X Force or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Moto X Force via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Moto X Force or to following the Moto X Force rooting guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will rkinzie back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto X Force (kinzie) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.