LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S5, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

The Gapps Link is down ! ! Can some one pls reup?

Linux User
    Participant

Hey,
    I have an issue for quite some time,
    I get the x on the mobile data icon in the notification bar a lot of times during the day and only switching off and on the mobile data or in and out airplane mode solves this issue.
    I tried all sorts on baseband(modem) versions and it didn’t change anything.
    I have this issue since CM13 and also in LOS 14.1… for a while I used Automate to check for signal and reset mobile data every second…
    I REALLY WANT TO USE LOS ITS THE BEST ROM EVER!!!! BUT THIS BUG IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

last thing, what I noticed is that this happens when some app or maybe system service request for location services, every time I open navigation app or took a picture it happened, also happened if I don’t use the phone…
    PLZ HELP! … thanks

Linux User
    Participant

same issue as above.
    just installed lineage 14.1 nightly 20170125 and opengapps
    system starts but cant get through the initial setup process
    freezes at different points and reboots itself
    any updates on this?
    klte version
    i wonder if kltedv version might be any different
    i know my phone has ran both previously on cyanogenmod

Linux User
    Participant

No, I don’t know what was the underlying problem as such. That could be specific to GApps flash script or some binaries I guess.

Linux User
    Participant

I upgraded my S5 a week ago and it’s working really good, some minor bugs, for example the screen doesn’t change horizontally in some apps and when it does, it is a problem to change it vertically.

i hope in some future upgrades it will be fixed

Linux User
    Participant

When I install the rom without gapps it works excellent, fluid and without errors, but when I install gapps either at the same time that I install the rom or after having started it and configured … in both cases the smartphone freezes, at times it seems that It stops touching the touch screen and then it restarts, this happens to the much 1 minute, it does not last more than that without freezing.
    (Does not start google play even if I open it fast before it freezes)
    (I tried installing another version of WebView and it stays the same)
    (It happens to me with almost all versions of android 7 including CM 14 and this)

Thank you in advance for any help

Linux User
    Participant

ok last comment can be scrapped now, i would delete it if i had the option to.
    after reflashing a number of times, going back to original stock rom and now back to lineage and factory reset etc…(i didnt keep track of every flash i did, but it’s been a lot of back and forward) lineage was working fine.

however with latest gapps package it still kept freezing.
    am using a previous version as per another post i found.

GApps causing reboot klte
    byu/johndc7 inLineageOS

i flashed that after putting lineage on, and now the phone is happy again.
    finally! persistence pays off.

Linux User
    Participant

This seems to be a Lineage 14.1 GApps BUG. Please use the Lineage 14.1 GApps download link updated by Matteo Vinci. Mean while I am updating the same link in the main topic.

Thanks very much for this update Matteo Vinci.

Linux User
    Participant

Just for your information:
    A very initial build of Android Oreo based LineageOS 15 for Galaxy S5 has arrived.

Linux User
    Participant

The same is happening to me, since yesterday, now i have to install the official rom of samsung. i hope this could be fixed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.