We have got a working GCam port for OnePlus Nord CE 2 which was recently launched. The phone is a mid ranger phone with a decent hardware spec and a Mediatek Dimensity 900 chipset.
It comes with a triple camera setup, out of which the primary camera is 64MP, an 8MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro shooter. The stock camera captures decent photos but not like this OnePlus Nord CE 2 GCam port. Try it and see the difference by yourself.
In fact, there are few compatible GCam port APKs available for the OnePlus Nord CE 2 phone which are brought to you by BSG which you can try right now!
The GCam 8.0 for OnePlus Nord CE 2 is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The available GCam ports are compatible on Android 11 onwards.
Available version of GCam Port for OnePlus Nord CE 2
With every Android major version update we get a major update of the Google camera as well. With the recent release of Android 13 we have got the GCam 8.7 as the latest version to date.
In between, there are some minor version release of the GCam also comes, so I am listing out all available versions of GCam for OnePlus Nord CE 2 so that you can get to know when we have an update, right from the below list.
- GCam port 8.8 (Latest Version)
- GCam port 8.1 (RECOMMENDED)
What Extra Do You Get on Google Camera?
People know the GCam app from couple of years since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the OnePlus Nord CE 2:
- With Night Sight mode you get better exposed low light images from the camera.
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in thia features list.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- HDR+ brings much images in a condition where you have much brighter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect with GCam’s portrait mode.
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
– Not all compatible mods available are specifically tuned for the OnePlus Nord CE 2. It is possible that some or other features of GCam might be working might not be working as intended.
– Most of the stock camera apps have a pro mode, which does not exist on Google Camera mod.
– Although this camera mod captures much better photos with the automatic mode, but still if you are someone who uses the Manual Mode mostly, then this might not be for you!
Compatibility Status of GCam on OnePlus Nord CE 2
– All basic features
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download the OnePlus Nord CE 2 GCam port?
Visit the Downloads section to get all the compatible GCam APK file(s) for OnePlus Nord CE 2.
How to Install Google Camera on OnePlus Nord CE 2?
- Download any compatible GCam for OnePlus Nord CE 2 from the download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android 10 or later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the APK file.
- For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded Gcam port apk to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera on the phone.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera version 7.4 and up comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
– If the GCam takes a lot of time usually more than 30 seconds then it is capturing in astro mode.
– When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
You can also visit our known issues list for google camera which lists some known issues on this Gcam port, which might be helpful as well.
New features and updates of the GCam APK keep coming, hence there could be many versions of the GCam ports available for the OnePlus Nord CE 2 today and in future. This page will always list all the compatible Google Camera versions for the phone.
You can visit this OnePlus gcam port collection page to try gcam ports working on other Oneplus phones.
If you have found anything not working, or you want some information from me then feel free to leave your message in the below comment section.