- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 5 months ago by arvindkumarlekhala.
March 4, 2017 at 5:19 PM #14435shibaa987Moderator
The latest TWRP for Honor 6x (berlin) is now available to download via an unofficial build. On this Honor 6x TWRP recovery guide, you will find the TWRP Download for Honor 6x and a step by step guide to update/install TWRP recovery on Honor 6x.
If you want to root the Honor 6x or want to install custom ROM then you need to install a custom recovery such as a TWRP recovery for Honor 6x phone.DISCLAIMER:
INSTALLING TWRP RECOVERY NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Honor 6x, WHICH MAY VOID WARRANTY OF YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA MIGHT ALSO BE ERASED.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Honor 6x TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD, OTHER REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND GUIDES:
- Honor 6x Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed.
- ADB and Fastboot utility. below are the download links and guides to install:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Unlocked bootloader to install Honor 6x TWRP recovery
– Here is how to unlock bootloader on Honor 6x
- USB drivers
- TWRP recovery for Honor 6x
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY FOR Honor 6x:
- Connect the Honor 6x to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloaader of Honor 6x
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery for Honor 6x and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP recovery on Honor 6x.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP recovery for Honor 6x
- Wait for the fastboot command to install TWRP recovery on Honor 6x.
Once it is done, execute the below command on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode:
fastboot reboot recovery
What to do after you install TWRP for Honor 6x:
- You can root Honor 6x
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Honor 6x
- How to wipe Android partitions using TWRP
- How to take NANDROID backup using TWRP
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Honor 6x.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Honor 6x then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Honor 6x (berlin) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKOctober 20, 2017 at 9:19 AM #26530arvindkumarlekhalaSpectator
does it work on indian variant bln l22
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.